Chapter 21

It had been awhile since she had one.

A nightmare about her parents. Seeing a replay of their deaths was not a good thing to go through when camping out with her team. Currently they were on their first C rank mission. Escorting a traveling gem merchant to his home village by the land of rivers. A two days journey from Konoha and then she needed to make a detour after two more days of rest a preparation. Her second job was to make the long trek towards Suna and give a report on recent events concerning the Akatsuki.

Naruto had returned a week and a half ago. Since then he had gone on another mission to find Sasuke. That idiot went off after killing Orochimaru, good riddance, and now he killed Itachi. But apparently that wasn't enough of konoha's problems. The three tails was taken along with the lives of the Anbu watching over it and Jiraya was dead now too. Taken down by the Akatsuki around the time after the third mission Naruto went on, involving a girl named Hotaru.

Currently the blonde boy was in a pit of depression. She hated seeing him like that. The sage had left a coded message, giving Shikamaru the task of deciphering it. He complained to her the other day that it. Was a drag since nobody knew what to use as a way to decode it. Things were getting extremely hectic.

On the bright side, Haruka has improved in sensory skill as well as silent attacks. Akane was still good at making plans and strategies but lately she had shown a natural talent for using twin bladed fans. Kazuma had trained his new pet to attack enemy's now that he was big enough. At this point in time they should have learned to climb trees but they already knew how. Other senseis would ease the students into the harder techniques but Kaiya went for the 'dive in' approach, immediately strengthening what they were all good at and build the other skills later.

Back to the present. Daybreak came and she woke the others up. The meeting place isn't very much farther. Ayame yawned tiredly and packed her bed roll into a scroll. Emi howled the cutest sounding howl to wake her owner up. Kaiya snatched up the brown pup and snuggled her tightly. "Awe your so cute!" The other girl on the team giggled. "What? You didn't think I have a soft spot for things?"

"No. I know you do. Your soft to canines and also...a certain Kazekage." She grinned at her sensei. Ever since they found out that Gaara was the 'suna crush' they always teased her about it. Haruka was more polite even though he's the one that discovered it. Ino recognized him at her family's shop and he asked about Gaara. He remembered Ino's name from TenTen. That gennin is definitely a future spy.

Within forty minutes, they reached their destination. The client is Aoi. No last name was given but Tsunade said she would know who that person is before she arrives. Kaiya didn't understand what she meant though. Suddenly a howl echoed through the forest. The gennin got into fighting position while Kaiya broke into a grin. Now she knew exactly what the Hokage meant. A silvery grey wolf with blue at the tip of her tail and paws leapt out of the brush. There were a set of three dots under each eye as well.

The wolf transformed into a girl who was about eighteen. Her silver hair was short and shaggy with blue tips on the ends which were her namesake. Wolf ears and tail also had tips just like the wolf. "Kai!" The older Mitsu glomped her to the ground, tail wagging like a pup who just got praised. Aoi was one of her clansmen that she first befriended. She was curious about all the jutsu she had mastered as well as wanting to see the wolf god transformation. Very few had accomplished that. So far she was the youngest. She was also the one who did her kanji tattoo.

Aoi grinned down at her. "I brought someone else with me too."

On cue, said person walked out of the shadows. Haruka tensed since he didn't feel the chakra earlier. The old brown haired male came into view. Grey streaks in his hair, showing age. Other than that he looked young still. "Uncle Kazuma!" She pushed Aoi away before hugging the elder Mitsu. The other Kazuma looked utterly confused. The man chuckled and patted her wild black hair, their fiery eyes staring at each other. "Good to see you too kiddo. You as well Lira." He glanced at the ebony furred wolf that decided to become tangible.