Chapter 10

Kaiya jumped from tree to tree, following a scent. A mile back she found a camp. The fire was cold and the scent of the residents was faint. Luckily they weren't very good at covering their tracks. Foot prints led the way until she had to cross a river but by then the scent was stronger. Kaiya came across another abandoned camp. This one a temporary set up.

     The embers were still hot. Good sign. She jumped down, grabbing a handful of dirt and lifting it to her nose. They were traveling in large numbers. All males by the scent. Her eyes darted up when catching another smell. "Smoke." Kaiya climbs a tree close by and peaked over the treetop. A tower of smoke was a mile and a half ahead.

    She jumped down and started sprinting in that direction, Lira materialized beside her. "Well done."

"It was nothing. Wolves are natural hunters after all."

                    __________________________________________

      "Hmm....so that's their hideout?" She mumbled to herself, her tail wagging at the thought of having a fantastic fight coming up. "What's your plan Kaiya?" Lira asked, watching the girl put a hat over her ears and tying a sealing tag onto her tail root to make it unseen. They had been watching from behind some bushes now that they located their current camp.

    "Say hello in the nicest way possible. What else?" She grinned and turned her headband on her neck backwards. Kaiya walked nonchalantly towards the tents that were set around a clearing.  

    "Knock knock anyone home?!" She called out, looking around. One very big man came out of the nearest tent, soon followed by the rest. Behind her back she slipped on some iron knuckles with sharp points.

    Big guy stared down at her. "Who are you girly? How'd you get here?" Kaiya only smiled and shrugged. "I followed my nose I guess. Anyway, I'm just a runaway, need any extra muscle?"

     For some reason that amused the others. They all started laughing. "And what can a little girl do? Eh?" Kaiya still smiled but it was a little strained from the mention of her size. "Well what if I said I was a jounin level fighter?" She put her hands in her pockets and walked around the big man in a very casual manner. "I highly doubt that little lady."

    "Then allow me to prove it." She stopped on his right side. The man Rose a brow right as she slammed her fist into his gut. He fell back knocking three of the other bandits down along with him. "Strike!" She pumped her fist, deflecting a sword while she was at it. "Awe, I thought you people would take it easy on a kid." Kaiya bent backwards and cartwheeled away a few feet. Her hat and sealing tag fell off in the process.

    "That girl is.....a beast!" A scrawny ginger shouted before running to get back up. Throwing her head back the Mitsu howled into the air. She shifted forms and jumped onto the running man's back, biting his throat before getting ready for her next attack. 'Lira!' She barked to her companion.

    "On it!" The big man was just now getting up. The two large wolves ran a circle around him, making the wind pick up. Lightning and fire spark from Lira and Kaiya's paws, traveling up the wind tunnel. The man hollered as inferno thunderstorm burnt and electrocuted him. A blade hissed across her shoulder, forming a stinging cut. Kaiya growled and locked her teeth onto the attackers hand before throwing him off into a tree.

    More men entered the clearing, backing the wolves tail to tail. 'Well this is rather time consuming.' Kaiya laughs telepathically. "Don't joke about this. This mission wasn't supposed to take this long but you had to make a detour." Lira scolded. 'Hey! those kids needed help.' That made Lira go quiet. The two wolves went back to focusing on their battle.