Flowers for Thandi- Uncertain

Recap

"Ok, so I thought I'd start today with the most important." I reached over to get a floral box. "In this box are letters and pictures from my youth. But before I get carried away, I just want to tell you both how much I love you.

It's funny cause I haven't seen you yet but I know it's true. Daddy and I love you both so much so be good to one another. Promise mommy that OK?"

"Thandi?" I heard a voice from down stairs.

"Oh my daddy home. We'll talk later my angels." I said blowing a kiss and stopped the recording. I quickly hid the camera so Rafe wouldn't find it till it was time.

Rafe would be so upset if he knew I was doing this. I hate lying to him but he can't find out about this...not yet anyway.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Chapter 23- Uncertain

"I know I say this all the time but I'm really huge." I said rubbing my 7 month tummy. Moving around was virtually impossible, not only because of my vast size. The bigger I got, the more pain it caused my back and my kidney area.

"Normally I would disagree with you but I know you'd know I was lying." He smirked as be rubbed my swollen feet. I threw a pillow at him and missed horribly.

"You lucky I missed. Usually I'm always on point when it comes to throwing." I said giving him an assassin stare. My stare did nothing but make him laugh harder at me. I couldn't but laugh too. Rafe has one of those laughs which made you want to laugh to even though you don't know why he's laughing at.

He suddenly got up from the floor and held out his hand.

"Come with me. I've got a surprise for you, my love." He said while helping me up from our bed. Rafe has been spending a lot of time at home lately. He doesn't want to miss anything so he's taken time off work to be with me 24/7. He's so amazing it should be illegal!

"Where are we going to?" I asked but he told me nothing. He covered my eyes as he led me through the house to our destination. I tried to feel my way through the corridors but I still didn't know where on earth we were.

"Are we there yet?" I whined. My feet were already sore from walking. One of the many fall backs of being pregnant with twins: the instant swollen feet.

"Almost."

"How almost is almost?"

"Like we're here almost!" he said, releasing his hand from my eyes.

I blinked a few times so my eyes would adjust to the light in the room. It was the room I hadn't been in before. The twins' nursery.

"Oh my goodness, Rafe!" I gasped as I walked in the room.

It was so beautiful. The room was a combination of girl and boy stuff. Each twin had their own side. Our daughter had this pink and purple flower paradise mural on her wall. There was this round crib that had pink stones on the outside of it. Her changing table had a fairy wings on it; it was just amazing. The right balance of style and adorableness. Our son's side was equally amazing. His colour scheme was green and blue. His crib had blue stones around the side of it just like his sisters. He had a mural of the moon and the stars on his wall.

The best part about the room were the pictures on the wall. Across the wall were black and white photos of me during the pregnancy. Picture of me and Rafe comparing our stomachs side on. Our wedding picture where he had his hand on my stomach and you could tell I was pregnant. Pictures of Rafe and I as babies with our mothers. It was just amazing.