Flowers for Thandi- All Good Things

Recap

"Oh you two..." I said trying not to cry. It was a baby blankets and quilts for the twins. The pink blanket had 'Paz' embroidered on it and the blue blanket had 'Marcus' embroidered. The quilts were in a patch work fashion and had pieces of my wedding dress on it with other sentimental items on it. The quilts were a like a time capsule of Rafe and I. What ever we wore or pictures of us when we were younger was on it.

"We wanted to make something special for you." Said my mom showing me the quilts.

"Honey, you don't look so well." Tatiana said in a concerned voice.

"Tis but a scratch. I'm fine." I heard myself say. I didn't want to make a scene at my party.

The colours seem to merge together in an odd fashion all of a sudden. I tried to breathe in but couldn't find any air. I felt my eyes roll back and close; bringing in darkness to my once bright world.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Chapter 24 - All Good Things...

THANDI'S HOSPITAL ROOM

Rafe's POV

"Is she awake yet?"

I turned to find my mother, hesitantly, standing by the door. She wore a smart suit but still had tear stains down her face.

"No. Not yet." I said with my back to her. I still held my wife's hand in mine. It's been three weeks and she's still sleeping.

I don't know what went wrong that day. Thandi never complained of being in pain. I thought that she'd have a day with her friends and family; not an afternoon of rushing to the hospital thinking that I've just lost my wife and kids. It's a phone call I never want to get again.

"What did the doctor say?" my mom asked as she walked closer to me. I could tell she felt guilty. How could we have known this would of happen? Overexcitement doesn't cause you to stop breathing and go into a coma for three weeks. Cancer does though.

"She's stable yet unresponsive." I quoted the doctor. "Whatever that means."

"She'll be fine. This is Thandi we're talking about." She said trying to sound hopeful.

"She'll be fine this time. What about the next time she falls ill?" I asked as I moved in closer to my wife. I could still hear her heart beat in her chest and felt the warmth of her skin. I can't let her go...not yet.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thandi's POV

Where the in fuzzle am I? I tried to move my eyes but it felt like I still had cotton in them or something. I started to move my arms and legs to get the feeling in them back again.

"Oh my G-d" I heard a voice gasped. What is going on? Am I in heaven already?

I turned my neck and opened my eyes. My face light up with recognition. It was Rafe, but he looked upset.

"What's wrong? Are the children ok?" I said, feeling a sense of panic stating to rise.

"No they're fine. They're perfect." He said, brushing my hair back. Perfect? Have I already given birth already? I still feel pregnant. This is weird...this is too much to take in.

"Baby, what happened to me? I'm so confused." I said trying to sit up. Rafe pushed me back down by my shoulders. It was only then I noticed my stomach wasn't as big as before. I looked around panicking. Where are our kids? Where are Paz and Marcus!

"Honey please calm down. Paz and Marcus are fine. You'll see them after I've explained what happened." He said as he got in my hospital bed to comfort me. I held on to him tight, praying I was really alive and not dreaming it all.