chapter 34

Max's POV

\I stood there with Alix holding my hand in a death grip. She was screaming in pain. I was in pain listening to her screams but I was anxisious to hear the cry of my first born child. And that's when I heard it. A baby crying.

"It's a boy." The doctor said handing my son over to a nurse who showed him to us.

"Sam Nathan Ashwood." Alix whipsered with a smile.

"Okay Alix you've got two more." The doctor said. "Now push!"

Alix pushed.

Minutes later heard a second sceam. It was one of the girls. The nurse showed her to us.

"Tristain McKensie Ashwood." I said softly.

Alix smiled.

"One more time Alix." The doctor said. "Now...pushed."

Alix push agian only to be followed by another crying baby girl.

"You did good my dear." The doctor said showing us our last baby girl.

"Riley Brooke Ashwood." Alix and I said together.

The doctor smiled at us.

"Now let me just get these little ones taken care of before I let you them again, okay?" He asked.

Alix nodded.

"Sounds good Doc." I said as I leaned down to kissing Alix. "Nice wedding present."

Alix gave a small laugh.

 I slighltly pushed Alix over to make room for myself on the bed. I then lay down next to her taking her in my arms.

Someone knocked on the door or our room.

"It's open!" I called.

The doctor wsalked in with three nurses following him. Ababy for each nurse. They walked over to Alix and I and gav us the babies. One wrapped in a blue baby blanket while the othrtwo were wrapped  up in a pink baby blanket.

Alix smiled.

"Hi Sam." She whispere to our son gently kissing his forehead. "Hi Riley. Hi Tristain."

I watched Alix for a moment before looking down at the three beautiful babies we created together. A smile spread across my face.

Both Riley and Tristain were in my arms. Riley was in my left arm with her eyes open. She had her mother's electric blue eyes. Tristain was in my right arm staring up at me with the same lime green colored eyes as me.

"Max look." Alix whispered to me. "Sam has both of our eye colors. That electric blue and lime green mixture."

I looked over at Sam. Alix was right he does have that eye color.

Another knock inturupted my thoughts. The door opened with a little head popping through it. It was Jacen.

"Hey Dad. Hi Mom." He said just as someone else pushed open our door.

Brandon pushed Jacen through the door way followed by Angel, Sara, John, Nicole, and Jessica.

Alix smiled at them as they walked in and crowded around our bed.

Jacen gently crawled onto the bed and sat down in between Alix and my legs. He peered at the babies in our arms.

"JAcen this is your baby brother Sam and your two baby sisters Riley and Tristain." Alix said softly.

Jacen's face broke out in a large grin.

"Can I hold one?" He asked.

Alix smied at Jacen as I handed Tristain over to Jacen.

Jacen held Tristain with a large grin on his face. I helped Jacen. Making sure he was holding onto his sister right.

The others watched with smiles on their faces.

"Hey sis can I hold my nefew?" I heard Brandon ask Alix.

"Sure." Alix answered handing Sam over to Brandon who stood next to her.

Alpha Ashwood! One of my pack fighters called to me mentally.

What is it? I asked him mentally.

I can't tell you here. Like this I mean, Sir. He told me.

Meet me in my office in five.

Yes Sir.

"Angel will you please hold Riley?" I asked just as Jacen handed me Tristain. I handed her over to Alix.

"I've got to go. One of my fighters either has news on Noah or Austin's plan for the attack." I said as Angel took Riley from me.

I slid off the bed.

I quickly kissed Alix.

"I love you, babe." I said before rushing to my office where inside my office stood the leader of my fighters.

"So what's going on?" I asked walking over to my desk to sit down.

"The Lockheart pack will be here in twelve hours from what our insider has been saying." My fighter said as he looked derectly at me.

I let out a growl.

"Listen I want you to gather up all or our best fighters and make sure they all have great training. Tell them all we may or may not fight if we get our way." I said quickly. "Damn I hope this goes well. I dont want the lives of any of my pack members dying."

My fighter nodded.

"Go get Brandon then tell every good fighter to get ready." I demanded.

My fighter rushed off only to be replaced by Brandon moments later.

"We're gunna have to attack the Lockheart pack within twelve hours if we cant convinse Austin to do other wise." I said to him.

Brandon nodded.

It was around six in the morning and I was dosing off at my desk. I had been up all night either planning what we'd do when we met Austin and/or when the attack came. Plus on top of all that I had the triplets every other hour so Alix could get some sleep.

"Did you get any sleep?" Alix asked from the door way of my office.

I shook my head.

"No." I answered rubbing a hand over my face letting out a heavy sigh.

Alix walked over to me and sat on my lap. She kissed me slowly then pulled away.

"You need sleep." She told me pressing  her forehead to mine. "Angel and Nicole offered to watch them so you and I can sleep."

I nodded and stood craddling Alix in my arms.

"Let's go to bed." I said taking her to out room.

I kicked our door open and laid Alix down on the bed. I laid down next to her and for once was able to fall asleep.