chapter 24

Alix's POV

Max and I sat on the  couch. I had made myself into a ball at Max's side and burried my face into his chest as I began to sob. Max began stroaking my hair out of my face as he softly breathed down my neck.

Noah and Angel came over to the packs house. They walked in with Angel laughing and Noah whispered something in her ear. His arms around her. I knew they saw my face because the laughing and the whispering stopped.

"What's wrong?" Noah asked softly.

Max pulled me closer.

"Alix is pregnant but that's not why we are so upset." Max said.

"Then why are you?" Noah asked.

"The doctor says there's somthing wrong with the twins." Max answered. "So it was all good till then.

"I'm so sorry." Angel whispered in a gasp.

I, of course, continued to sob.

"Alpha Ashwood." The doctor said coming into the living room.

"Yes doctor." Max said.

"I'd like to run some test now." He said. "So would you please come with me."

"Yeah." Max said slightly pushing me up to sit up.

He stood up and pulled me with him.

The doctor guided us to his office. He disappreared to get what he needed for the tests as Max and I sat down. Max took my face in his hands and with his thumb, wiped away my tears that were beginning to dry on my face.

The doctor reutned with what he needed.

"I'm gunna get some blood from you so we can test it. I'm also going to do another altrasound and a few other test." The doctor said to mostly me.

"Okay." I whispered.

Max's POV

It took around a hour to get all the testing down with. Then the doctor had us waiting in the living room. Just as we sat down with Angel and Noah, Jacen waliking into the room with Gigi. Jacen was talking with her but stopped in his tracks when he saw Alix in my arms sobbing.

"W-w-what's wrong?" He asked.

"Jacen I'm pregnant." Alix whispered.

"But we found out this morning that we're having teins, that's a good thing but something might be wrong with them from what the doctor said when he looked at the altrasound." I told him.

"Oh." Jace whispered in shock.

"Then again there may be nothing wrong with them." Alix said softly. "We'll find out soon. So don't worry about it, okay?"

Jacen nodded.

"Go and play." I told Jacen.

"Okay." Jacen said and he walked out side with Gigi.

It was around an hour later when the doctor came out with a plesant looking smile on his face.

"Well it just so happens to be that there is nothing wrong with your babies." He said.

Alix's head shot up.

"Are you serious?" She asked with a small squweel.

The doctor nodded.

Alix squweeled again and then threw her arms around my neck.

"Our babies are gunna be okay." She cried her tears now of happiness instead of saddness.