Chapter 1

______________________Picture of Max AKA Aaron to the right___________________

Alix's P.O.V.

"Scared?" He asked me, his lips inches from mine.

"N-n-no!" I breathed causing him to chuckle.

"Then why are you stumbling over your words?" He asked giving me his cocky but sexy grin.

"I-I'm not s-s-stumbling because of t-that." I answered. "I-I'm s-stumbling because I'm c-c-cold. N-now N-N-Noah can you please let me g-go so I can go i-i-inside?"

"I can always warm you up." Noah said looking into my eyes.

"You perv." I giggled slightly pushing him away.

Noah chuckled.

"I try." He shrugged pulling away only slightly enough to sling an arm around my shoulder and lead us inside the small house that we happened to share.

You see Noah was my best friend. And he's one of those motorcycle driving, football playing, arrogant bad boys who’s a player. Although the only moves Noah has tried on me are either when he’s drunk after a party or just messing around.

Oh and did I mention Noah and I are werewolves. Yeah just another up side of being us.

As soon as we were inside Noah dropped his arm from around me. His kissed my forehead before heading up stairs to his bedroom.

“Night Alix.” He called over his shoulder.

“Night Noah.” I called back as I went to the kitchen to get a glass of water when my phone vibrated from a text.

I flipped open my phone.

I know your secret. It read.

What secret? I texted back.

Werewolf. Was all I got in reply.

I dropped my phone then fell to my knees.

“Alix!? Are you okay I heard…” Noah was just coming into the kitchen when he saw me on my knees trembling over my phone. “Alix?”

I looked up at Noah just in time to see him walk over to me and kneel down. I slide my phone over to him just as his knees contacted with the tile floor.

“Read the texts.” I whispered. “The one from the mystery number.”

Noah flipped thought the first text, the one I sent, and the one I got in reply. Noah suddenly dropped the phone almost like it was on fire.

For about five minutes Noah and I just stared at my phone. My phone buzzed again so I flipped it open.

Tell that friend of yours to watch his mate carefully. Or she’ll make a beautiful trophy. The text read.

My eyes widened at the word mate. Noah found his? I gave my phone to Noah whose expression darkened immediately. Instead of texting back like I would have done, Noah called putting it on speaker as he stood and put the phone on the counter. Noah then helped me to my feet just as a voice answered.

“Hello?” A deep voice answered.

“How dare you bring my mate into this, Max?” Noah hissed.

The owner of the voice chuckled.

“Noah, I’m surprised you remember me.” Max chuckled.

“Why are you bringing my mate into this?” Noah growled.

“Oh come on Noah everyone knows she has a killer body and you have her all to yourself yet she doesn’t know she’s your mate and you haven’t marked her. You two just say your best-” Noah snatched up the phone really quick and stopped the speaker phone.

“Max I know why you’re doing this but please leave her out of this. Infact leave everyone you’ve already involved out of this. This is between you and me. No one else.” Noah growled and hung up.

He handed me to phone.

“Block the number for me, will ya?” He asked calmly.

I nodded and did so.

I looked over at the clock which read 12:00 am. I sighed heavily and looked up at Noah.

“I’m going to bed.” I yawned.

Noah nodded as I passed him but then I felt something tug on my wrist so I turned around to see that Noah held my wrist and was looking at me with…love? Pure love?

“Alix you know I’ll never let anyone hurt you, right?” He asked.

I walked over to him and hugged him. Noah wrapped his arms tightly around me and nuzzled his face into my neck as I whispered. “I know you won’t let anyone hurt me.”

I felt Noah smile.

We stayed like that for a few minutes until I yawned and buried my face into Noah’s chest.

Noah gave a small laugh.

“Let’s get you to bed.” Noah whispered in my ear as he picked me up bridal style.

“Put me down.” I mumbled into his chest as he walked up the stairs but I made no attempt to get free.

I heard him kick open my bedroom door.

Noah laded me down on my bed and sat down next to me. I laid my head in his lap letting him stroke my jet black hair.

“Noah?” I yawned.

“Hmm?” Noah sounded half asleep.

“Why’d you turn the speaker off when Max mentioned your mate?” I asked softly.

Noah sighed heavily.

“Because she doesn’t deserve me. I’m a player and you know it. She knows it. She deserves to find someone much better than me. But Max was tight she has a killer body and every single guy knows it. That’s the thing I think about, her with other guys. I mean yeah I love her and I get jealous every time I see her with a guy but I can’t bring myself to say ‘hey you’re my mate’ because I want her to be happy and I don’t think she’d be happy with me.” Noah said softly.

“I’m with you all the time, not as your girlfriend or course but as your best friend and even though you’re a player I love you like a brother and I know if your mate loves you when she finds out you’re her mate, she’ll understand. For you and for her it would be mate me or break me. Break me because you two could either break each other’s heart or reject each other. Or you could do mate me which would let her change you..” I told him pulling away to look at him.

Noah smiled but it faded.

“What if I told you I was scared to tell her?” He asked me.

“Then take your time.” I answered lying back down with my head back in Noah’s lap.

Noah continued to stroke my hair.