chapter 16

Noah's POV

I awoke with my face close to ground and my nose picking up the strong sent of my own blood. My head was killing me. I tried to bring my hand to my head but someone caught me.

"Don't! You got hit in the head a few times." A familiar female voice whispered to me.

I turned my head to face the person who spoke to me. It was Angel. She had a worried expression plastered on her face.

"What happpened?" I whispered but shook my head. "Never mind I remember. Where's Alix? Is she okay?"

"I don't know. Max is looking for her. He had me watch over you." Angel told me

I tried to sit up.

"Stay down." She ordered me.

I obeyed with a heavey sigh.

All of a sudden I heard something like glass shadder then a loud thud. Angel and I waited around three minutes before she called. "Max!"

I waited for a response but it didn't come right away.

"We'll be right down." He called back.

"Can I sit up now?" I asked Angel who nodded and helped me sit up.

By the time I was fully up I saw Max and Alix walk into the living room. Alix bit her lip before pulleing away from Max.

"I'm gunna go get a wash cloth and a few bags of ice." She said to us.

Max nodded and slumped down onto the chair acrost from Angel and I.

Angel stood and walked over to MAx. She whispered something to MAx who shrugged with a small sigh.

Angel gave a small nod then came back over to me just  as Alix walked into the rooom with a wash cloth and like three bags of ice. She handed the wash cloth and an ice bag to Angel who whispered something to her. Alix bit her lip and nodded then went over to Max gently laying an ice pack on his stomach and the other slightly pressed against his  jaw but he pushed it away.

"I dont need it there." He said then said.

"Next time don't get destracted." Alix tolde him.

Max smiled at her.

"I'll keep that in mind when I'm trying to save your ass." He laughed.

Alix rolled her eyes then swatted at Max who caught her wrists in his hand turning them palm up.

"Next time if I 'm about to get hit, let it happen." He said softly looking down at her hands. "Angel toss me the wash cloth would ya?"

Angel todded him the wash cloth which Max causght and instanyly put in on Alix's bloody hands.

"I never did say thank you for what you did back there." He said looking up at Alix with a soft smile playing on his lips.

"Max that's cold." Alix wined.

Angel, Max, and I laughed.

"Wimp." Max challenged.

Alix frowned.

"If you weren't holding a wash cloth to both my hands then I would have hit you or something." Alix warned.

"Or something." Max chuckled.

Alix kicked his shin.

"Yep." She laughed popping out the "p" as MAx glared at her.

"That hurt." He complained.

"Wimp." She laughed.

Alix seemed so happy right now with Max. It kinda made me want to be in his place but when Max todded the wash cloth back over to Angel all my tension seemed to wash away when she gently pressed the wash cloth to my forehead.

All of a sudden Alix yelped.

Max was on his feet growling at the person who held Alix with a broken gless peice to her throat. Alix was looking at Max.

"Paul let her go." Max growled.

Paul laughed bitterly.

"Max." Alix choaked, tears streaming her cheeks.

Max stood there.

"What do you want in exchange for her freedom?" He asked clinching his hands into fists.

"Her mate dead." Paul answered.

"Done." I said.

Paul laughed.

"Her true mate, you moron." He said to me.

"Fine." Max whispered.

"No!" Alix screached.

My jaw dropped, those two were true mates? No wonder she never felt the instant conection to being my mate.

"I'll let her say good bye to you before you die." Paul said shoving Alix toward MAx who caught her and pushed her behind him before sending a punch toward Paul's face. It collided with Paul's nose that already looked broken. Paul fell to the ground already uncosious.

"No one threatens my mate." Max growled.

Max turned to Alix who swung her arms around his neck as she began to sob. Max stroaked her hair trying to calm her down. He then nuzzled his face in the crock of her neck.

"Are you okay?" I heard him whisper.

Alix gave a small nod.