16. Paybacks, save the dates and plans

Börja om från början

"We are not doing this just to spite you, Stacie. I mean, no one will get married for that." Alex was crossing her fingers behind her back the whole time.

It was kinda hard to keep lying to Stacie, when the woman looked like she was going to breakdown any moment from now, but she didn't have a choice but make Stacie believe it all. She had to believe it, without a nock of doubt.

It was the contract.

"This whole getting married, I think it is a lie too. So?" Stacie shrugged, trying to look nonchalant, but Alex saw that look she threw at Logan. One of desperation. It was the one Alex had seen so many times today in the mirror when she realized she was in love with the man who would never return it back.

"You said no, Stacie. You did."

"I did."

"You said you will not come back." Logan said with a hint of gloating in his face. "What are you doing now, Stacie?"

Shit. Did he have to goad her? It was already done. Stacie was already regretting it all.

Alex subtly punched him in his side. He turned to frown at her and she shook her head.

"What?"

"Nothing. There is Dan. Let us go say hi." Before she could drag Logan away, Daniel was there in front of them. He smirked at Stacie.

"Oh hello there, didn't see you there. How are you doing?"

"Not bow, Daniel." Stacie said, looking exasperated. "I don't have time to engage in your silly games. Not now."

"Still sitting in your mighty horse, I see. But one day you will fall." Dan looked angry.

"We will see, Dannie boy." Stacie smirked at him before she walked away, her dark red dress swishing around her body like a seductive siren.

"Hey Dan, haven't seen you in a long long time."

"Yeah, like I told you, I was on a business merger. My dad is kinda driving me crazy." He smiled as he pulled Alex in a hug.

"Where is my hug?" Logan asked with a grumpy frown.

"Oh, is my wittle Logan is all left out?" Dan cooed.

"Did you just say wittle?" Alex chuckled as he pulled Logan inside a hug.

"Okay. Let go. Dan, you idiot, let go. Everyone is looking."

"Dude. Stop struggling." Dan said as he let Logan go.

"You want another hug, Log?"

"No thanks. I am going to get me something to drink. God. You almost asphyxiated me."

"Big words." Dan shook his head. "Don't know what it means. But I think it is something good." He looked at Logan with a smirk. "Oh get us something to drink, too."

"I am not your server." Logan grunted at his friend.

Alex couldn't help but like how Logan was all so easy going with Daniel. When they talked, joked and bantered, it was evident. Their friendship. Their love for each other. Loyal, unflinching, unwavering love.