Baby Time

>~>I know the picture is Scott, but just wait and see<~<

You woke up to a sharp pain and a wet spot on the bed where you lay. You instantly sat up, screaming for your boyfriend's name.

Mitch came running in the room.

"Babe? What's wrong? Are you-"
"YES NOW GET ME OUT OF THE HOUSE!" You screamed.

He helped you out of bed and into the car, leaving his late night work behind.

He called his friends to let them know what was happening, and Kirstie, of course, was keeping people updated on Twitter and Snapchat.

Meanwhile, you were in your hospital room in a gown in so much pain. The doctors were holding off from you pushing, but as soon as a nurse checked how you were doing, she called the doctor in to help you deliver the baby.

~~~

"It's a boy!" The doctor called out. You suddenly heard crying and your grip on the handles of the bed loosened.

"Would you like to hold him?" The doctor asked. You nodded and held your arms out for your baby boy.

"I'm going to need you to sign the birth certificate." A nurse told Mitch. He took his eyes off of his son and started signing the paper.

"I still say we name him Dakota." He said while scribbling his signature.
"Yeah... He does look like a little Dakota.." You smiled at your son.
"Dakota it is." Mitch smiled while writing down his son's name.

~~~

About a year has passed and Dakota was a big and healthy baby. He was learning how to walk and spends most of his time with Scott.

Scott insisted that you and Mitch stayed and lived with him. He didn't want to be lonely and Alex was far away for a business trip for a while.

Scott helped with the baby as much as he could. Mitch was catching up with work in the studio at nights while you made sure that the house was clean and cared for Dakota at the same time while Scott took breaks. But still, Scott was always holding him, talking to him, teaching him new things, or napping with him on the couch.

Mitch loved taking care of Dakota, but he got frustrated easily. He would either tell you he gives up and puts Dakota back in bed or just start crying and say he wasn't meant to be a father.

You would always tell him that he just needed to calm down and that if there's no way to stop Dakota from crying, he would just need to let it happen and walk around the room with him.

Scott would also get frustrated and come in Dakota's nursery and sing him to sleep. He would either sing Run to You or Light in the Hallway. Dakota wouldn't stop crying sometimes, so you would have to come in and walk him around the house so the guys could get some sleep for work.

After noticing it was Dakota's lunch time, you checked the pantry for some food. He only had two containers of baby food left.

"Scott? Can you watch Dakota while I go to the store? I just need to make a quick trip there and I don't want Dakota to start having a bad day." You asked. Scott happily said yes and ran into the living room while you grabbed your phone and keys.

~~~

When you got home, you heard Dakota giggling in the living room and what sounded like Scott giving him raspberries. He did that often when he noticed Dakota getting a little bored.

You walked in and saw Dakota screaming and laughing while Scott tickled him. Mitch was walking downstairs and had messy hair.

"Hey Sleeping Beauty. How was your rest?" You asked.
"Oh, it was just perfect, Phillip. If only you kissed me awake." He said. You laughed and set the bags down on the counter.

Mitch looked at Dakota and Scott and chuckled. Scott stopped tickling him and helped him stand up while holding his hands. Mitch started unbagging bags and let you sit down.

You sat next to Scott and held your arms out for Dakota to walk to you.

Dakota was walking a little with Scott's help. Soon enough, Dakota was walking on his own and laughing and looking up at you and smiling. You and everyone else cheered and you couldn't be more proud in the moment.

Scott laid on his back and held Dakota up and cheered for him. He pretended that Dakota was an airplane. Meanwhile, you got off the ground and started helping Mitch with the bags.

"I'm proud of our baby." You said after kissing Mitch.
"I'm proud of him too." Mitch said with his adorable smile. You rested your head on Mitch's shoulder tiredly.

You looked at Scott who was now laying on the couch with Dakota as they settled down and started watching TV.

"Do you think Scott's always going to be living with us?" You whispered to Mitch. Mitch laughed and shrugged.
"I could care less. I love that he's staying with us. Hell, he might turn out baby into a mini-Scott."
"Great. That's just what we need." You laughed.