Somebody Else (pt 4)

-Mitch's P.O.V-

It had been two years since I last saw (Y/n). After her friend started living with her and started sending her to group therapy, she's been way better. Her real persona was back to life.

I was happy for her, but I thought about her every day.

I got a phone call from a random number. I picked up my phone and answered.

"Hello?"
"Hey Mitch! It's (Friend's Name). I just wanted to let you know how (Y/n) is doing. I know for a fact you miss her."
"You caught me. How is she?"
"She's doing just great! In Group Therapy, she met someone and they're going on their first date tonight! Isn't that adorable?"

I almost drop my phone. My eyes start watering and I clenched my free fist and cleared my throat.

"That's great! What's his or hers name?"
"His name is Jonah. He went through exactly what (Y/n) went through and they seem perfect for each other!"
"Sounds cute. But.. This is a joke, right...?"
"No. Why would I lie about this, Mitch? She's so happy about it, too. She asked me to tell you because she was nervous of what you might've said to her."
"Oh, okay. Well, I, uh... I have to go. I have a job interview in a few hours and I need to get ready."
"Okay. Good luck! Bye."
"Bye."

I hung up and threw my phone across the room in anger.

I never really took my stuff when I left the apartment I shared with her, and I knew she still had them.

I used that as an excuse to see her tomorrow to make my lie about the job interview seem real. What I really needed to do was pack for tomorrow.

~~~

I knocked on the door and (Y/n) answered. She smiled and hugged me.

"Hey! What're you doing here?"
"I'm just grabbing my stuff."
"You couldn't do that in the past three years? It's in the closet." She let me inside and I started walking to the hallway closet. Sure enough, everything was there.

I took it and left. I left my stuff in my car and went to my hotel room.

I wasn't sexually attracted to her anymore. I didn't want to be in a relationship with her, but dammit I loved her.

(F/n) said (Y/n) was going to a party with Jonah. Her friend knew I was jealous about this, so her friend informed me about almost everything they did.

I love her. I don't want to call her mine, but I hate the idea of her with somebody else. Our love was frozen and stiff, and it was very far from melting. I watched as she and Jonah's hands intertwined with each other as they walked inside.

I sat at another table not too far from where she sat.

I was looking at her and wondering how it all went wrong. She was looking through her phone until she looked up from her name being called. She smiled and grabbed Jonah's hand. They started walking towards the dance floor.

She told me she loved me and I believed her. Then I stopped myself from it getting to my head and distracted myself from it.

I eventually drove home after a week or so. I faced the facts. (Y/n) had moved on and found somebody else.