It's Not The End

•Mitch's P.O.V•

I got home late at night with the lights turned on the the smell of steak filling the air.

I walked into the living room and saw my wife, (Y/n), sitting there asleep while the TV was turned on.

I smiled to myself, walked over to turn off the TV, picked her up and carried her to our room.

When I put her down, I walked to the walk-in closet and saw a sticky note on the tall mirror with writing on it.

I looked at it and read "I made us dinner but you came later than I thought. Don't worry though, Scott came by and ate the extra steak I had made on accident. There's two in there for you if you want (I don't know how hungry you are so I made two). Love you Mitchie!! Also, I have a surprise for you when you wake up."

It was kind of hard to read since the handwriting was so tiny so it could all fit into the sticky note.

I smiled and walked to the kitchen after changing, finding another sticky note on the fridge.

"Go to our closet and read the sticky note on the mirror."

I chuckled and opened the fridge to eat while listening to music.

~~~

In the morning, I woke up and felt someone's stare. I turn over and open my eyes, (Y/n)'s eyes still fluttering open while she looked at me.

"Good morning," she smiled at me and yawned a little.

I smiled back at her and wrapped an arm around her and shut my eyes again.

We stayed like this for another hour while talking and finally went to the kitchen to eat breakfast.

"You said you had to tell me something Princess?" I wrapped my arms around her from behind her while she cooked and rested my head on her back.

"Yeah, I do." I could hear happiness in her voice and she continued cooking while I waited.

"Mitch... I know we've been trying for a few years now and.. Well... I'm pregnant!" She turned around and smiled brightly.

I smiled and giggled of happiness and picked her up and hugged her tightly.

(Y/n) and I have been married for four years, and we've been trying for a baby for three years. This was a big moment for us, and I couldn't be happier.

~Three months later~

(Y/n) is now four months pregnant, and we're going to check up on our little girl.

We still haven't decided what to name her yet, but we're wanting to give her a Japanese name or an Italian name.

While (Y/n) was laying on the bed with the gel on her belly, we held each other's hand and looked at the monitor.

But we saw nothing.

"W-where's my little girl?" (Y/n) stuttered. My heart was racing and my palms started getting sweaty.

"I'm so sorry Mrs and Mr. Grassi.. There's no sign of life..." The doctor looked at us sadly and (Y/n) bursts out into tears.

I never knew what heartbreaks really felt.

"But I haven't bled yet. How is this..?" (Y/n)'s voice trailed off.

"The baby might've passed away early before you came here, either two or three days ago." The doctor told us.

Our friends were waiting outside with smiles on their faces, and here we are sobbing.

Avi, Kevin, Kirstie, Scott, Esther, Jess, Jake, Genevieve, and a lot of our other friends were waiting outside of our room to hear how healthy our little girl is, but they don't know she didn't make it.

(Y/n) was crying and I was spacing out, wondering what she could've looked like.

How are we going to tell our friends? Our parents? The Internet?

Our fans we more than happy that someone in the group that they looked up to for so long was finally having a baby, and now we have to tell them that it's not going to happen.

Our friends celebrated with us and we're so happy to be called "auntie" and "uncle."

Our parents cried when we told them. My niece, Ady, couldn't wait to have another baby girl in the family. My sister said she couldn't have been more proud to be an actual aunt to my daughter.

"I'm sorry, Mrs and Mr. Grassi. I know that you've been trying for three to four years now. It's hard, I understand, but if I were you I would wait another few years to try again." Our doctor we've been talking to for the past three years explained to us.

After she talked to us about what we should do, we walked outside with said facial expressions.

"What's wrong?" Kevin immediately asked.

"There..... There is no baby anymore." (Y/n) said.

Everyone frowned and a sudden heavy feeling was on my shoulders. It seemed to do the same to everyone.

Everyone looked sad and hugged us tightly.

When we got home, (Y/n) walked to our room and I stayed in the living room to think about what happened today.

Why? I've done good for the world for so many years and all of a sudden my one and only wish is gone? I've been baby-crazy for so long and when I finally get one she has to be gone? Why?

When I snapped out of my thoughts, I realized how much I was crying. I walked to the bathroom to blow my nose and calm myself down before walking to the bedroom.

I crawled into bed with (Y/n) and held her tightly.

Moments pass, and I hear faint sobs coming from her.

I pull her closer to me and whisper in her ear.

"It's not the end, baby. We have each other forever, and all we need is us to have a baby. We have so many more years to try again. I promise when I say it's not the end. I love you."

I started rubbing her head slowly and wait for her to fall asleep.

~~~
Hey!!!
Sorry this is a sad one, but it was inspired by Buzzfeed.
Also, I'm sorry this is a few days late! School has been keeping me busy and we're trying to sell our house so here's been a lot of cleaning.
Anyways, I hoped you liked it even though I made it sad. Have an awesome day! Love you and thank you for the support on this! 😘😘