Singing, Drunkness, and Hash Browns

You were in LA chasing your dreams of becoming a singer. Like most jobs, it wasn't an easy thing to do. You worked your butt off to try and achieve your goal.

While walking around looking for a place that was hiring, you saw a poster that said "Hiring Extras!" in bold writing. You looked at the poster and read what it said.

"We are looking for extra background singers for a new song and we need your help! Come to The Village at 1616 Butler Ave at 2:00 PM! See you there! -Pentatonix"

You looked at the time. The clock said 12:49 PM, so you were glad you still had time.

You started making your way to the studio, hoping that there weren't many people there.

To your surprise, there were only few people there and you were thankful for that. They were taking people in one by one to audition.

You sat down and waited for your turn. You were the second person in line and tapped your foot patiently.

A blond girl came out of the room looking happier than ever. She looked at you and the man sitting next to you and winked at the both of you as a good luck.

The man was taken in by another man with a name tag that had Ben B. written on it in neat handwriting. The man sighed nervously and got up while wiping his sweaty palms on his pants.

"Good luck," you told him.

He smiled at you and gave you a quick thumbs up and walked inside.

You played on your phone to distract yourself from the time that slowly passed by.

"Next?" The man said as the guy who auditioned walked out with a proud smile.

You got up and followed the man inside the room.

"Do you know how to read music?" He asked.
"Yes," you nodded. He wrote it down and looked back up at you.

"I'm going to play the piano and you're going to sing what I play. Got it?" You nodded at him again.

He started playing the piano and you sang back what he played.

He smiled and nodded while writing something down when you were done with that. You got butterflies in your stomach and were hoping that this would bump you up in your dream job.

After a few more minutes of exercises, he handed you a sheet of paper. It had lyrics and music notes along with it and said "Chorus: To The River."

"I'm going to play the piano version of this. Just know that it's actually a Capella." He said.

You sang the chorus and gave it your all. The Ben man had an expression of amazement.

"Come back here tonight at five and we'll go talk about what part you're going to sing. We'll have food here after we're done with the recording." Ben shook your hand and smiled at you.

"Thank you so much!" You said. He chuckled at your expression and you ran out the door with a wide smile on your face.

You rushed home at got yourself ready for tonight.