Mess

•Yay! Early one today! I'll try and put one up later tonight. Love you guys!! 💖💖💖

Pentatonix ended a few years ago, and everyone went their separate ways with their spouses and started their own family.

Everyone still loved each other the same way they did before.

You noticed Mitch started getting a problem. A drinking problem.

He would stay at home and take care of everything and we wouldn't drink at that time. A wine glass or two, but that was it.

But when you got home from work at 7:00 PM, you made dinner and his drinking would start soon after that. It's been going on for a few weeks now and it really started to worry you. You needed to talk to him about it, but you were getting scared. He wasn't the Mitch you knew when you met him. He started getting angry.

He would start yelling at you for nothing. If you did something that was reasonable, he would think it wasn't reasonable. You always ended up fighting every night and you were scared that he was going to get so angry that he would just hurt you one day.

The only reason why you needed to stay with him was because you had a daughter with him. You knew for a fact that he was sober at home because your daughter always ran to you with a smile and would laugh at the stories she told when you were away at work. He was always there for you, too. He never stopped loving you. After every fight (even the drunk ones) he would say he loved you.

Your daughter loved her dad. She looked up to him. He was her superhero. Even though she was only four years old, she knew that he was a real man.

You were scared that she heard the yelling at night, being able to know his bad side.

You came home one day and saw your daughter run to you with a wide smile.

"Mommy! When you left, daddy made pancakes but he burnt them, so we got to go to iHop! We even brought you back some breakfast for tomorrow!" She said happily.

"Oh, really? How was that?"
"Fun! And for lunch, we ate grilled cheese and got ice cream after!"
"You were spoiled today, weren't you? And daddy didn't bother to clean you." You chuckled. "I'll get you ready for a bath. Wait in the bathroom and I'll be there in a few minutes."

She nodded and ran to your bedroom to wait in your bathroom.

You put your bag and keys down in the kitchen. In came Mitch with a smile.

"Hey babe."
"Hey.."
"What's wrong?"
"I'm tired. Today was a long day."
"Aw, I'm sorry sweetie."

He pulled you in for a hug. A hug that felt so familiar. A hug that he used to give you before his alcohol problems.

He got so drunk that he didn't remember what happened the night before. You couldn't stay mad at him for it, but you would get angry at him for drinking every night.

The moment felt right as you breathed in his natural scent. It made you smile. He didn't smell like wine at all. You rested your forehead against his chest and fell in love with the moment.

"I need to go. Gabby needs a bath." You said.

"I'll do it. You need the rest." He smiled while looking at you and moved some hair away from your face.

"No, you've had her all day. I can do it, Mitchy." You said while yawning.

"Oh really?"

You chuckled and rested against him again.

"Go lay down. I'll do it and wake you up when dinner's ready."
"Okay. Thank you. I love you."
"I love you too."

He carried you to bed and laid you down. You heard the bath water start as you fell asleep.

~~~

Mitch woke you up for dinner and you could smell (favorite dinner).

After dinner, you and Mitch played with Gabby and put her to bed.

Then came the drinking.

The monster you feared every night.

You stayed in the living room and let him do his thing and tried to ignore him.

Some time had passed and Mitch found himself in the living room, slurring your name over and over again.

No matter how many times he said your name, you ignored him.

He started walking towards you. Scared, you got up and stated walking away.

You were suddenly pushed against the wall and in front of you was Mitch, his teeth clenched and his eyes filled with anger.

You were scared. He had never hurt you when he was drunk. He just yelled at you and started fights.

"Why the fuck are you ignoring me?" He growled.

You didn't answer. You closed your eyes and looked away.

"ANSWER ME!" He yelled. He shook you a little, making your head hit the wall. You winced in pain.

"I...I don't know. I'm sorry." You said quietly.

"Don't say 'I don't know' because that excuse won't get you out of this." He got close to your face with furrowed eyebrows.

"I didn't answer you because-"

He didn't let you finished. He slapped you. Your eyes started watering and you held your cheek.

"You don't ignore me. You don't EVER ignore me. Do y-"
"Daddy?"

You tensed up as soon as you heard your daughter's voice. Mitch's grip loosened and you could tell that he couldn't turn around.

He may be drunk, but he couldn't be different dad. His daughter knew him as a sweet man and now she just saw him slap her mother. His wife.

"Why did you hit mommy?" She asked. Her voice cracked.

Mitch looked down and started sobbing.

"Gabby, go back to bed. We'll talk about it in the morning." You said.

She walked away with tears in her eyes, clutching on the doll Scott have her when she was born.

Mitch fell down on his knees and sobbed more and more.

"I'm such a fucking idiot. She'll never look at me the same. You'll never love me. You're going to leave me, aren't you? You're going to divorce me and never let me see my daughter again. I'll never see you again. I never meant to hurt you. I never meant anything. I just want our old life back." He managed to say.

After what you've been through, you knew that deep inside was the real Mitch that cared for you the way he always did during the day.

"No. We can help you. Me, your friends. Starting tomorrow, we throw out all the alcohol. We'll give the expensive wine to Kirstie and Jeremy. We'll tell Gabby it was a dream. Everything will go back to the way it was." You said. You were now crying and you pulled him in for a hug. You whispered everything in his ear.

"You don't love me."
"I do."
"Really? After all the shit I put you through?"
"You're the one who understood me the most out of everyone. You helped me, so I'm going to help you. Everything will be back to normal."

Mitch stayed silent and hugged you tighter and pulled you closer.

"Thank you."