Me

• Inspired from the song called Me by The 1975. Enjoy •
-Mitch's P.O.V-
>WARNING: This chapter involves cutting, depression, and suicide. If you are sensitive to those three topics, leave now. You have been warned<

It was the middle of the night, and I couldn't stop thinking about her. I wanted to see her. Yeah, I kind of ruined her life and I doubt that she would want to see me, but I need to make it up to her.

She was all the way in New York. I wanted her as soon as possible. I couldn't drive there. I bought the last ticket the airport had left and made my way there, not even packing a bag.

The plane left in a few hours, so I needed to get there quickly. I took a cab and made my way to the airport.

I nearly killed the taxi man. I gave him some money but he didn't think it was enough. He almost locked me in the car if I didn't run out of there. His screams about me being a scam pissed me off a lot. He should be greatful for what he was getting.

While I boarded the plane, I thought about the first night (Y/n) and I spent together on my nineteenth birthday. I gave her my virginity and she gave me hers. It was something we couldn't get back. Something we trusted each other with.

When I broke her heart and she saw my scars, she looked me in the eye with tears running down her face. She was panicking. She didn't know what to do.

It was six AM when I got to New York. I was in a black shirt and skinny jeans, an outfit I've been rewashing every day to wear it.

I remember when she and I first got high. It was us and a few friends and we didn't know what we were doing, but once figured out what to do, we couldn't stop. We were laughing at each other for no reason. Not a care in the world.

It was better than what was usually on my mind. Way better.

Half of my family was dead to me. One by one. I hardly knew any of them anymore.

I wonder how she's doing. Is she doing better without me? Is she doing the unthinkable? I had no idea. I had to find out where she lived to check up on her. To tell her that I'm sorry for everything I did. I broke her apart.

She started getting depressed. Her mom didn't find out until she wouldn't eat anything. She became distant.

Her brother was her closest friend she ever had. He loved her endlessly.

She started pushing him away when he tried to comfort her. He was getting worried sick and did all the researching he could.

Life fucking sucks.

It's the way it is.

Some people tough it out and some people go the easy way out.

I thought about going the easy way out.

Without her, there was a hole in my heart. As cheesy and cliché as it sounds, it was the honest truth. I was becoming happier with her. She was the light I needed to guid me through dark hallways for me to find the good place in life.

I love her.

I need her.

I eventually found her apartment complex. I spent the morning knocking on doors to see which house was hers.

I gave up on the second floor and just asked the lady at the front.

She wrote down her apartment number for me and I made my way to (Y/n)'s apartment, knowing that she checked in in order to get a new key early this morning, before my plane landed here. She didn't check out.

I knocked on the door and waited for what seemed like forever.

I waited.

And waited.

And waited.

There was no answer.

I got sick and tired of waiting. I came here right now for a reason. I broke her door in and looked all around for her.

And there she laid in the bathroom, blood staining the once clear water and a razor on the floor.

All I could do was scream and cry. I screamed her name until someone got worried and called the police.

She was taken away that morning. I clutched on to her limp hand as she was being taken away in a gurney.

The ambulance truck drove away without me.

It was just me in the street watching her being taken away.

Just me.

~~~
I know the song isn't about heartbreak and is about his mother and unborn sibling. It was the first song I ever heard from them, and I'm new to the The 1975 fandom. I thought it was a heartbroken love song at first, and that's where I got the idea from.
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this sad chapter somehow. Just know that you're never alone and don't be afraid to message me to talk to me, okay? I'm here for you. 💖💖💖
~~~