In Need of Help (pt 2)

Mitch gave (Y/n) the extra bedroom and made a little bed for their baby in a chair, making sure there was no way for him to fall out.

In the morning, Mitch quietly walked into the spare room to check up on them. He saw that Maddox was awake and struggling out of the blankets, ready to crawl around and find new things.

His eyes were a different kind of green. A bright green.

He smiled at the olive skinned baby and picked him up.

He carried him to the living room and made him a bottle. Mitch put him back in his little bed and Maddox held the bottle and fell back asleep, the bottle falling off when he dropped it.

Mitch left a note for (Y/n) for her to find when she woke up saying that he fed her and was leaving for work.

~~~

"Guys, I need to tell you something." Mitch said. Everyone looked at him and waited for him to say what he needed to.

"So, as you all know, (Y/n) and I broke up about a year and a half ago. Last night, she came back to my house and-"
"Hold on, I hate to interrupt you, but you didn't let her inside, did you?" Kirstie asked.

Mitch stayed silent, and they all took that as a yes.

"Why would you-"
"She had my child."

The room was filled with silence and Mitch looked down at his feet.

"Mitch.. Your serious?" Kevin asked.

"Why wouldn't I be? This isn't some sick joke, Kevin. I'm being completely honest. He's about a year old now." Mitch's voice was harsh.

He apologized for his actions and continued looking at his feet.

"What're you going to do?" Avi asked.

"I'm going to help take care of him. She had it rough for the past few months. I can't let her live the life of a homeless mother who can't take care of her baby. She couldn't even think of a name. She needs my help. Her family abandoned her. I'm the only help she has left." He explained. His arms were crosses and he was holding onto himself.

"Well, are you going to name him?"
"I named him last night. We decided to name him Maddox."
"Can we meet him?"
"If (Y/n) doesn't mind. Either way, I plan on spending more time with Maddox. (Y/n) is still scared that you hate her."

Everyone looked at each other.

"It's not that we hate her. She was nice when she wasn't lying, and we miss that. We just got mad at her because she hurt you." Scott said.

"You're being honest?"
"Completely."
"...Ill talk to her. I'll let you guys know if you can come over tonight." Mitch said.

~~~

Mitch and (Y/n) talked about everyone coming over tonight. Mitch managed to calm her down about it and told her they weren't mad at her. This made (Y/n) feel confident about everything and she got excited to see old friends.

"I'll make dinner and clean the house!" She smiled.

"No no, you don't have to. I'll do either one."
"Trust me, I'm a good cook. Remember when I went to culinary school?"
"Oh yeah. But remember when you almost lit your apartment on fire?"
"That was when I was starting out and our first date. We dated for like three years." She smirked.

Mitch let her cook dinner while he cared for Maddox and cleaned at the same time. Maddox was an easy baby who didn't grab everything in sight and Mitch thanked God for that.

He cleaned the house and Maddox was taken care for.

~~~

When everyone met Maddox, they immediately fell in love with him.

They ate dinner in the living room and talked like old times. Like the happy times.

(Y/n) was laughing and was having a good time like she used to. Maddox sat down in the corner of the couch next to (Y/n) while drinking out of his bottle and watched everyone laugh and would laugh every time Kevin made a silly face at him from across the room.

Mitch caught himself staring at (Y/n). His heart skipped a beat when she made eye contact with him. He felt the same feeling he had when he first realized he loved her.

A few months after they broke up, he felt something missing.

When (Y/n) came back yesterday, he felt whole. He felt at home.

When everyone left that night with smile, Mitch was doing the dishes while (Y/n) was caring for Maddox.

"Mitch? Do you need help with anything?"
"No, I'm good. Thank you though." He said as he put the last dish in the dishwasher and started to prepare a wash cloth to clean the counter.

"Okay. I'll be upstairs." She said. She started walking off, but Mitch stopped her.

"Wait, (Y/n)," he placed a hand on her shoulder and she turned around to face him.

"Yes Mitch?"
"I love you. More than a friend. I realized that tonight. I missed you for so long and had no idea. What you did was stupid, but I know you keep your promises. You promised last night that you wouldn't lie, and I believe you. I believe in you. You and I can be together happily with no problems and take care of our son together."

(Y/n) pulled him in for a hug and held him close.

"Thank you Mitch. I love you too. I swear to god I will never lie to you ever again. You and Maddox are my everything." She said.

Mitch pulled her in for a kiss and held her close.

That night, Mitch, Maddox and (Y/n) all fell asleep in the same bed and cuddled together peacefully, Maddox being in the middle of them (and also sleeping like a starfish).