Running Into Your Ex

This year for the forth of July, the LA fair was open and was bigger than usual with more rides and games and food stands and everything a fair had.

You and Mitch and a few friends decided to go to have some fun after celebrating at someone's house.

Jake was having the party at his house and was planning to get drunk before going on any rides because it would be more fun that way.

You all had went earlier that morning so that you could get inside without paying and would just have to show your bracelet and you would get let inside.

You were getting ready with Mitch in his bathroom. Music played loudly from your phone while you two danced while getting dressed.

"Which one looks better?" He asked.

"Considering it's hot as hell out there, I wouldn't wear the sweater." You said. He rolled his eyes while smiling and looked through his shirts again.

He finally decided to wear his skinny jeans and a loose, black t-shirt.

You wore a sailor inspired outfit

"You like?" You asked him while looking at yourself in the mirror.

"Yes I like. Who wouldn't?" He asked.

You smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

"I'm gonna go downstairs and talk with Scott. You need anything while I'm down there?" You asked.

"No, I'm good. Thanks babe." He winked at you before you left the bathroom and walked downstairs to talk with your friend.

~~~

The afternoon came nearer and you heard a honk come from outside.

"Mitch! The limo's here!" You hollered while taking your phone off of its charger, grabbed everything you needed and shoved some of it in your purse and waited for Scott and Mitch. Alex and their other roommates were visiting family for a few days, so it was just you three in the house.

Scott grabbed a plastic bag and Mitch hurried downstairs with a bag in his hand as well.

You all walked outside and saw Jeremy waiting outside of the limo with a slight smile on his face. "You guys ready?"

"Yup!" You cheered. Jeremy opened the door for you and you got inside while saying thank you. You saw Kirstie sitting in there with a glass of wine in her hands already.

"Hey (Y/n)!!" Kirstie said with a smile. You two really enjoyed each other's company, but you hardly saw each other.

She hugged you and let you sit down. Scott and Mitch climbed inside and Jeremy finally closed the door after getting in himself. He signaled the driver to start driving again and the driver started making his way out of the neighborhood.

After picking everyone up, you were dropped off at Jake's house. He had bought a new house that had a big pool and a huge yard. Before Alex left, he had helped him set up volleyball, horseshoe, ping pong/beer pong, soccer, and everything.

It was the first time you saw his new house and you were in awe. While living with Mitch, you noticed that the backyard was almost like a garden maze, except there was no wrong way to go. There were different paths leading to the same location. Beautiful flowers grew all over in the perfect spots.

You were excited to play volleyball, it being the sport you really liked since you were younger.

You guys had a drinking contest, and Jess won. You were feeling a little fuzzy, but you were sober enough to know what you were doing.

As you guys were having fun and drinking and playing games, night grew. In Jake's yard, you could see the fair from there and it looked small from afar. You saw some lights turning on. The Ferris wheel lights were slowly fading into different colors over and over again.

Alcohol never really made you drunk enough to the point where you didn't know what you were doing. Mitch wasn't really drinking a whole lot that night. You figured it was because he didn't want to be too drunk while riding some rides.

"We should start leaving. They're going to light fireworks in an hour." You told him over the loud music. Mitch nodded and threw the last ball into a cup in the final round of beer pong he was playing.

He made an announcement about leaving and everyone grabbed their things.

"We'll help you clean up tomorrow Jakey." You said with a smile.

Jake smiled back and hugged you. He smelled a little bit like alcohol. "Thanks (Y/n)! You're an amazing friend." His words slurred a little and you lead him to the limo that was waiting outside of his house.

~~~

By the time they finally let you inside after having a talk with the security guard, they were preparing the fireworks.

You and Mitch got on the Ferris wheel to watch them light the fireworks off. It wasn't too far away and it was a perfect sight from any angle.

The Ferris wheel stopped and you noticed you were stopped at the very top. You looked up at the sky and saw all of the stars twinkling and dancing around.

There was a loud boom that startled you, and you looked around and saw a beautiful firework blow up in the sky. You smiled and stared in amazement.

"It's all beautiful." You told Mitch who was sitting across from you.

"It is. I love sharing these moments with you, (Y/n). I really do."
"I do too." You said.

~~~

The fireworks ended an hour later. You and Mitch were ready to leave after getting some ice cream. You held hands and walked through the parking lot trying to find the limo.

"(Y/n)!! Hi!!" You heard a voice say.

It was your ex, Jordan. Jordan was nice, but he was really mean to Mitch, which pissed you off. You called it off with Jordan and got with Mitch.

You were ignoring him and Jordan noticed what you were doing. He stopped calling your name and just watched you two walk together in sadness.

Mitch let go you your hand and flipped Jordan off with a smile.

"Fuck you, Jordan." He said as he grabbed your hand again. You heard Jordan stop in his tracks and you two continued walking.

"That felt fucking good."
"I bet it did." You chuckled.