Robbers (pt 2)

-Mitch's P.O.V-

(Y/n) was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. She was literally a model out of a magazine. She was something every boy or girl would want in a woman.

And she was something I have. She's something I've had since high school, and now we have an apartment together.

I'm committed to her. I'm going to be there for her through thick and thin, the good and the bad. I've forgiven her for almost everything.

Our love is almost obsessional with each other. Love like that isn't rare, but it's hard to find. It can't just be thrown out of the blue at random.

But obsession can get annoying and lead to fights.

I heard her talking to her friend one time.

She told her friend that she felt like she was stuck in a box and she wanted out. She said she loves me, but we're both so caught up with each other that we forget about each other's freedom.

I don't talk to her about it when I get home. I sit in silence.

"What's wrong?"
"Nothing."

She furrows her eyebrows and gets up and frustratedly walks towards the door.

"Babe, I'm sorry! Stay! Please.." I say. I grab her before her hand touches the doorknob.

She sighs and looks at the floor. Her hand slowly falls down. I let her go, she hugs me, and walks to bed.

Our love was beautiful and terrifying at the same time.

"I'm done with you! You never trust me anymore!"
"Because I love you! I don't want to lose you! I love you! I love you! I LOVE YOU!"
"If you really loved me you would let me be!"
Just.... Give me one more chance.... Please...."

She sighs.

"Fine."

This happens every time before one of us leaves. We ask each other for another chance. We forgive each other and pretend nothing happens.

Maybe if we do break up, things will be better. We won't be stuck in something we both don't want to be in. But I know we love each other. She would never do anything behind my back, and I would never do anything behind hers.

Relationships are like a meal. You feed off the plate and you grow a different kind of love for that meal. But after a while you get bored of that meal and feel the need to try something new.

Her face is beautiful in every way. But I've seen the dirty side of it. She can get mean and angry and terrible and scary. But when she calms down, it's back to normal.

She was leaving for work one day, and before she left, she looked me in the eye. I was sitting on the couch and she was next to the door, her hand resting on the doorknob.

"I hope you're home when I get back, babe. I love you." She smiled weakly and walked out the door. I noticed that there was bags under her eyes and her voice was raspy.

Our relationship is a perpetual cycle of second thoughts about each other. One of us almost leaves each other every once a week and we always end up staying with each other.

Weeks had passed. We've hurt each other. Physically and emotionally.

We both want to end the relationship but we both need each other.

The reasons she gives me to leave me kills me. They're like a bullet to my heart.

I shoot back at her.

Reality smacked us across the face. It's like it knocked our door down and are struggling to arrest us. Reality showed me what our relationship really is.

Painful.

Yet, she stops yelling. Her eyes water and she walks backwards until her back leans against the wall. She slides down and starts sobbing and screaming.

I walk towards her and lean down to face her.

Reality wasn't strong enough for her. She tells me she loves me and that she's sorry.

I tell her I'll do anything. I will shoot reality down. I love her.

Our love isn't functional. I simply agreed to stay with her because I love her.

Maybe if we did break up, she would see what we were really like together. She would see what I was seeing right now. She'd see how wrong everything went.

We visit our hometown together. Nobody's the same now. Everyone's dead to us. People come and go and people change.

I look at the school where (Y/n) and I met before all of this happened. We were happy. We weren't robbing each other.

I see how much I've changed. I used to be sweet in school. I used to be in choir and had straight A's and was always on the Honor Roll.

I used to be me.

(Y/n) has showed me her true colors. I love her even more now.

I promised her to take down anyone and anything that attacks our love.

We're no longer stealing each other's love to stay complete. We're staying complete by giving instead.