fourty-one

Harry's POV

We all haven't slept for several nights, we waited for any movement from The Pit, so far they've only moved around town but nothing serious. It's been almost two weeks since we've been keeping an eye on them.

"I'm tired, I need some sleep," Louis whines, he gets up and walks out of the room saying no more.

I was growing irritated, but in all honesty I was always irritated. Niall called earlier saying Julia was leaving to work and he's keeping a close eye. Since then it's been silent, and I knew something was bound to happen now.

"This is weird," Austin mutters, and I was right.

I stood up and walked over to him,"what happened?"

"Well they've circled around town for a while, I don't know what they're doing..." He looks at the screen carefully.

"You reckon they know we put in trackers?" Liam comes up next to me.

"No, I don't think so. If anything, they know they're being watched by us in some way though," Jade infers.

"So what?" I mumble. .

"We wait," Austin answers.

"Alright, Austin you keep an eye out. Jade you may leave, come back in 3 hours then Austin you can get your break," I instruct. Jade nods and hurries out the door, I looked at Liam, "I'm gonna go work out. I'll be back." He nods and I walked out of the room as well. I go to my room, gear up and I head to the training room. I immediately start warming up and then hitting the weights.

I was in the training room for a good solid hour when I hear someone call my name, I see Zayn walk towards me and I don't know what to say.

"Liam said I can find you here," he says to me.

"Yeah, so what happened," I say more bitterly than I intended.

Zayn sighs, "I talked to Niall, not sure you know but Julia got a job."

"He told me... Like two weeks ago," I answer.

"Alright, look I know we didn't leave on the right foot last time we spoke but you're still my mate," he sighs.

"Alright..."

"But I also grew close to Julia, we all have. We all know your feelings towards her but just because you can't admit it doesn't mean you have to sometimes treat situations so poorly," he was right. He knows he's right.

I took a sip from my water and I looked at him, "I'm sorry. Look, I don't know how to describe this mess but all I know is I have to protect her. I can already hear her say ,'I can handle myself' but I can't help it."

"Look I'm going to tell you something she wouldn't have admitted either, but I can tell by the way she acted," he continues. "She looked terrified when we left her. She is a strong, independent girl but that doesn't mean she isn't scared. And I think you know that too."

"She's something," I chuckle lowly.

He smiles, "yeah she is. I can tell you care about her, I can tell that scares you too."

"Like hell," I admit.

Zayn and I continued to talk while we worked out when Liam came running in, "Harry." Worry flushed his features.

"What?" I asked.

"They're going towards San Diego."

***