twenty

I bolt my eyes awake, pretty bad idea the moment the bright lights came to vision I closed then again quickly. I once more slowly, and carefully open them again. I noticed I'm on a bed, in a room with bright lights with dark walls. I'm strapped to a machine, and I see I'm alone.

"What the hell?" I say to myself trying to sit up. I sat quietly for a few moments when Liam came in with Niall at his side. They notice my conscious state and rush towards me.

"God Julia, are you okay?" Liam asked worriedly.

I nodded, "I think so? Honestly what happened?"

"Well you were in a fight... " Liam explains and I grew frustrated, "I know that but how did I end up here?"

He shook his head, "well your opponent kept banging your head on the floor to the point you passed out."

I sighed, "no wonder I have a massive migraine." I looked over at Niall who was rather silent, "Niall, you alright?"

He jumped almost like he didn't expect me to talk to him, "yeah... It's just you gave me a scare."

I smiled, "I'm fine." I looked around, "when can I leave?"

"I'll get our medic," Liam nods and leaves the room. I notice Niall just seemed off edge.

"Niall you're not fooling me, what's actually wrong with you?" I asked.

He shook his head, "nothing, really. I'm not joking when I say you scared the living shit out of me and the lads."

I smiled, "okay."

We sat in silence for a few moments, and Liam came in with a man standing next to him. The guy was rather older, maybe mid-thirties pretty okay looking for someone his age.

The medic looks over at me and smiles, "all well Julia?"

I shrugged, "not sure. Just my head hurts pretty bad."

He nods, "you had a minor concussion, so that's normal. Just take it easy and I'll give you something for that."

"Okay... Thanks," I nodded, "so when can I leave?"

"Now, if you'd like. You seem to be well enough, just don't get into any more fights for today," he chuckles. I smiled, "fair enough."

***

I sat with the guys in the hangout. We still haven't had word about my father and his whereabouts, not about the pit's hacker drama, so we were taking it a bit easy.

"So he basically tried to kill you?" Louis asked, when I told him what happened.

I nodded, "I suppose."

"Shit if I were there, I wouldn't have hesitated pulling out a gun, I'm surprised Liam didn't," he chuckles lightly.

"It's whatever, lets just get over that," I say.

I tried remembering as much as I could remember and then one key thing came up, and brought me to my feet. The guys looked at me, "Uh... I need to go for a walk." Good fucking excuse, Julia!

"Why? You were told to take it easy," Liam's eyes drawn with concern.

I smiled as brightly as I could, "just a little walk. I'll be back." They all nodded, Liam still looking at me cautiously. I ignored it and walked out towards where I actually want to go to.

I banged on the door until eyes looked down at me, green eyes to be exact.

"What do you want Julia?" Harry asked me.