twenty-six

Meeting

Harry called forth everyone selected for this mission. I sat in between Liam and Louis. Harry announces the news.

"We'll need a few days to have a plan, I'll be having the brains have things done no later than two days," he looks at every single one of us. "Julia, since you clearly know a lot about Julio ,you'll be helping the plan come into order. Everyone else, go forth and train. I don't exactly think this plan will go perfectly."

"Wait I'm confused, I thought we were looking for The Pit's hacker. What does this have to do with Julio?" Louis asks.

Austin stands up, "we believe the pit are holding the hacker in Julio's base in Florida."

"Now that's clear, any further questions?" Harry takes one more look around the room. "Good brains, Julia, you stay. Everyone may leave."

Everyone stood up and left and I followed the ones who stayed into a room with computers and software all over the place. I take a seat awkwardly and Harry then speaks again, "pull up everything."

I see guys pulling up maps, files, anything and everything that have to involve with this. Harry calls me over by Austin. Austin has a map pulled up.

"We only know where The Pit's hacker is staying, not where Julio's base is. So, where is it?" Austin asks awkwardly. Harry had a stern face, watching me closely. I asked Austin to move and I sat in his seat. I study the map and I start looking for streets I grew up in and walked and knew by heart. I found them street to the home I left behind and I kept trailing into a deeper part of Miami.

"Right there, this street exactly," I point.

"Alright, Austin note that down," Harry orders. "We need routes to get there, do you know the different routes?"

"Yeah, sure. I lived there all my life, I have that place memorized," I shrugged.

Harry had us up, no one was allowed to sleep until we figured out at least the routes we can take to get there. It wasn't until four in the morning that we managed to get different routes plotted around Miami.

"Everyone may leave, be up by ten, we'll get back to work again," Harry announces.

I jump in happiness and I leave from my room. My eyes were heavy, and when I closed my eyes it took me longer and longer for me to open them. I felt a poke on my shoulder and I jumped.

Austin laughs and looks down at me, "sorry didn't mean to scare you."

"I'm just tired," I say.

"Well mind if I walk with you?" he asks, a bit with a flirty smile. But I clearly wasn't feeling it, but I agreed anyway. We were silent for a few moments until he speaks again, "mind if I ask you something?"

"And what's that?" I mumbled.

He looks unsure but says, "why are you going against your father. "

"Of course you'd ask that," I say. "Long story, my dad never really did care about me. He only cared for me if it benefited him and our family's wealth, which is why I was forced into an engagement...

My mother cared for me a bit more, but I think she would choose money over me as well. Anyway, I've been into that prison that I use to call home, and I ran away just hoping I'd find my place. And well here it is, and now that I'm given the opportunity here to give my father every piece of shit he's put me through, I couldn't pass that opportunity."

"Well that's pretty deep, but I admire your strength," Austin finally says.

"Yeah, I guess. Look I think I'm gonna go to sleep, I'll see you in a couple hours," I looked away.

"Okay sure, good... Night?" he chuckles.

"Yeah goodnight," I sigh and smiled.

I walked the rest of the way alone. I got into my room and I didn't even bother changing out of my clothes as I was immediately engulfed in sleep.

*

I woke up thirty minutes prior to when I have to show up. I get ready and when I walk out, I took longer than expected and I'm late. I hurried along the hallways, passing by people who would greet me. I walked into the room and Harry catches sight of me and frowns.

"Where were you?" he says walking up to me. His eyes seemed to be a softer green today, I guess I was staring at them distracting myself from the glares he was giving me.

I looked down, "overslept."

"This isn't high school Julia, we have important things to do," he snaps.

"And I'll get to it now if you can let me," I snapped back, god I should shut up.

"Just get to work," Harry rolls his eyes and walks off, glad he didn't give me shit.

I sat next to Austin and we all began discussing the best times available, I had to plot out the inside if the base from what I could remember and then brains in charge of the inside would add on more in depth details. After hours and hours stuck in this room, we finally managed to conclude our best choice was to have us take different routes in different groups, each I'm charge of doing something specific.

"We want to blend in with the tourism in Miami, we don't want to be obvious for what we're there for," a brain says.

"That's good, we don't need anything ruining our plans before it happens," Harry nods. "You may all leave, there will be a meeting later on today. We will have our final plan done by today."

We all left, and I was ready to take a nap.

*

Harry's POV

Liam walks in, "wanted to see me, mate?"

"Yeah, I wanted to discuss something with you and I felt your the best person I can talk to about this," I sigh.

Liam sits down, "I'm all ears."

"I was thinking... Don't get mad at me or something. But I was thinking of letting Julia go after this mission," I say.

Liam furrows his eyebrows, "why?"

"It's a matter of time until Julio finds out about Julia working here, and we won't be the target anymore, she will."

Liam smiles, "she's grown on you hasn't she?"

"Shut up... Look what I'm trying to say is he'll most likely want to kill her and or make her life a living hell," I defend. "I think that's the best for her."

"Mate she works here, he doesn't know that she does and he wants to kill her, he wants to kill all of us," Liam was right, but I still didn't feel convinced.

I sighed, "she's important to us, she needs to be kept alive."

"Look you're right," Liam agrees, "but think it through. You have a few days."

"Alright... " I nod.

"I have to finish my jobs today, I'll see you at the meeting," Liam stands up, "good luck."

I smiled, "fuck off."

I looked around my room, and let out a frustrated grunt. I didn't know what to do, for god's sake why am I even over thinking this?

I remember what Liam said, "she's grown on you hasn't she?"

Goddammit and he was right.

***
Update! Yay! Sorry it's a but short, the next one will be longer. Lol, I wrote the chapter earlier but for some reason it deleted, SMH. So I had to rewrite, the other reason why it was short.

Anyway, question! Do you think Harry thinking about letting Julia leave the den is a good choice?

Vote, and comment! Love you all,

-E.x