thirty-eight

Julia's POV

I sat in the living room of my new "home" with Zayn and Jade. Harry had also organized me a home, which I threw a fit but gave up. It was small and right into a private area of San Diego, beach was near by.

"Has anyone called yet?" I asked Zayn, we haven't heard from anyone and we're starting to worry.

Zayn obviously once more says, "no, not yet."

"Call someone." Jade suggests but Zany shakes his head, "called already. No answer."

I was losing my patience, I hope no one died. That would be the worst if I got the news and I can't be there.

"Call again," I say.

"I don't think-" I cut Zayn off, "please call."

He hesitates and dials someone's number. No answer and starts dialing another number and we wait for an answer. Nothing. Zayn tries once more, and we wait then someone answers.

"Hello?" Louis answered.

We all stood up and Zayn starts talking fast, "Louis what happened? Is anyone dead? What the hell was that all about?"

"Well Harry is throwing a hissy fit. The Pit left after realizing Julia isn't here, I guess they changed their target to her and now are searching for her," Louis explains. "Some have died, but not too many."

"Shit," I mumble.

"What are we gonna do?" Zayn asks Louis.

"Not sure, Harry doesn't want to talk to anyone, he said until he's sober," I can hear Louis's annoyance.

I say, "he's drinking?"

"Heavily," Louis emphasizes.

"Damn, what about me and Jade. Do we go back, do we stay with Julia?"

I hear Louis sigh, "not sure. Like I said, we need to talk to Harry and he's out of it."

"Okay, let us know what happens, we'll be careful here for Julia," I know Zayn is worried, I don't think about my situation but more Harry who was apparently losing his shit.

Zany hangs up and looks at us, "well lets go to sleep, I'll keep watch."

Jade doesn't hesitate and bids us goodnight. I sit next to Zayn and ask, "what's up?"

"What do you mean?" He questions.

I rolled my eyes, "Why are you worried?"

"Harry, you, the Den. This is insane, we've never had to deal with something like this," I couldn't help but feel guilty.

"I'm sorry," I say.

"For what?"

I looked down at my hands, "well I can't help but feel as though this is partially my fault. I mean now they're hunting me down. And this involves my father... And I just feel guilty, I can't help it."

"Don't feel guilty, especially for actions your father has made. It was his choice to do all this," he grew very serious. "You're a good person, if anything you've been help for the den, you've given us information of your father, and you've helped Harry and all of us."

Then why did I feel so guilty? I stood up and bid myself goodbye and went into my new room. I opened a window and let the cool air breeze surrounded me and my room and I got ready to sleep. I didn't really have clothes, I luckily packed a pair of shorts, that was smart of me. I laid down, sleep never coming. I looked up at the ceiling, feeling more lonely than ever.

Harry's POV

I awoke the next morning as if someone had banged my head against a wall. I rolled out of my bed and walked to the bathroom. I glanced at myself in the mirror, I had bags and my color was gone. I ignored my horrible appearance and stripped down to shower. I got out and took a pill for the migraine and walked out of my room.

I ignored looks from people and I just walked into my office and grumpily walked inside and I already see the boys sitting there looking at me, "what are you lads doing here?"

"Well you said we were gonna talk when you were sober," Niall states.

I really wasn't in the mood but I wasn't going to argue either, "I honestly don't remember anything. So what did you want to talk about?"

"Zayn, Jade, and Julia. What are they supposed to do?" Asks Liam. "When is Zayn and Jade supposed to come back? Or do they stay with Julia?"

I really didn't feel like hearing about Julia, I was already worries enough, "not sure... Have you heard from them?"

"They called me last night, told them I'll ask you today so I can update them," Louis chimes.

I sat down at my desk, "are they alright?"

"Yeah they seemed fine, they just want to know what they should do," explains Louis.

"I...don't know. Liam what do you think?" I really didn't have a clue what I should do.

"Well we need someone to keep an eye on her in case they do find her but we also need our most skilled hacker, " Liam concludes. "It's really up to you."

I nodded, "I have my answer. I'll call Zayn later. You're all excused." All the boys looked at me with strange expressions and left. I grabbed my phone and started dialing Zayn's number it took until the fourth ring for him to answer.

"Hello?" He picks up.

"Uh, Zayn it's me," I message my forehead. "Wanted to let you know what the plan was."

"Alright. What do we do?"

I think for a moment if I'm making a good choice but I go with it, "I want you and Jade to come in tomorrow."

"What about Julia?" He questions.

"She... She's to stay put, I'll be sending out men weekly to keep an eye on her. Don't tell, just tell her to try to adapt to a new life, "I explained.

He was silent for a few moments, "you sure?"

"It's the best I can do," I say in defeat.

"Alright, are you sending someone tomorrow?"

"Uh yeah, I'll send him tonight. Just come to LA tomorrow," I say.

"Alright, fair enough. Talk to you later," he says.

"Okay bye."

***

Kind of a boring chapter sorry. I also meant to update yesterday but I fell asleep and I was busy this morning so a late update for you guys.

Hope you liked it!

love you all,
-E.x