thirty-one

I woke the next morning with the sun barely rising, and the cool breeze coming into my room, I picked a room with a patio that faced the beach. It was comforting.

I slowly sat up and threw a sweater over my tank top and walked outside, and sat on a chair and looked at lilac skies with an orange/yellow tint and blue. The beach waves almost rang as a lullaby, and the cool air not making you feel cold but more as a blanket.

I sat alone for a while until I heard the balcony door next to mine, and Harry with only a pair of boxers comes out into the now mainly blue sky.

"Morning," I say, he turns his head towards me and nods, "morning. Your awake early." I shrugged and looked back outside, "forgot how beautiful the sunrise was here."

He took a seat on his balcony's seat, "it is."

"You ready for today?" I asked.

He looks up at the sky and shakes his head, "not really. Yourself?"

"Not one bit," I laughed dryly.

We sat in silence watching the sun rise fully up, now clear blue sky and a quiet tunes of birds chirping, I break the silence, "do you ever not want to be a mafia leader?"

Harry doesn't say anything for a moment or two, "moments like these make it feel like I'm not. But my life, it's reality, this is only clips of a fantasy."

"That's how I view life as well," I agree. I stand up and walked towards the railing, "life is what we make it, some people are blinded about reality, it's quite sad really. But also you have to understand, sometimes reality isn't just guns and war it can sometimes have moments of peace."

Harry now stands up, "I don't agree." I looked at him, "you're blinded by gunsmoke."

He doesn't say anything but continues to look at me, "I really hate how you do this."

"Do what?" I continued to stare at the beach.

He sighs, "make me feel other than what I am."

"You know Harry, you're not just a cold-hearted, notorious Mafia leader. You're human too, not some fucking alien, " I then focus my attention towards him. "It's okay to have other emotions."

"It makes me feel weak," he grumbles.

"No it makes you feel human," I say. I hear the sounds of footsteps in the stairs, people must be waking up. "I'm going to shower, see you later boss." I smiled and walked inside.

***
Harry's POV

I watched Julia walk back inside, I continued to stare where she stood. I've never seen her talk to me without going into an argument, it was strange but better than yelling.

I walk back inside my room and stare at the wall the separates Julia and I. It didn't really hit me that Julia's last day was today, and I feel a strange feeling in my stomach. I ignore it while I go and shower, still not use to my short hair I glanced at myself in the mirror.

Maybe I don't know myself all that well.

I step into the shower, steam relaxing me. I look down, water running down my body, glancing at my tattoos that took home on my arms and chest.

I step out, I wrap a towel around my waist and walk out.

"Harry," Julia all if a sudden steps into my room, my eyes widen as do hers. She looks away, pink tinting her cheeks, "Harry... Everyone wanted a review of the plans for today."

"I... Uh, I'll be there in a minute," I say. Her cheeks flame into a deeper pink and nods, it amuses me, I hate to admit it. I chuckled, "you can leave Julia."