two

After my last job in Chicago was finished, Issac told me he had a buddy in LA that needed some help.

He said he was really important person, that I should do whatever job he has for me and leave because whatever that guy does I shouldn't be involved with.

I noted that, and then I used my spare money that I had left, paid this guy that works with Issac to take me to LA and now we're on our way.

We stayed two nights in two motels in two random cities. Gus, who was driving, was pretty cool. He was maybe in his 30's, but seemed rather carefree for his age. The fact that I was a 21 year-old girl traveling with a random 30 year-old man sounds crazy, because it is. But he knows me as Marcus not Julia, another reason why I'm in disguise.

"Alright kid, we'll be in LA in 30 minutes." Gus announces in the car. I was sitting in the back seat, my hoodie pulled up and reading this book I've had since middle school named The Outsiders. I read all the time, mainly when I have free time which is quite often.

"Okay," I respond. I set the book down, "I'll take a quick nap in the time being."

He nodded and I laid down and I was engulfed with sleep immediately.

I was woken up by Gus saying my name.

"Marcus get up man. We're here," he says.

I groggily sat up, and looked out the window. We were still driving, and what seemed to be the not so glamorous side of Los Angeles.

"Where will I go? " I asked.

"You'll meet a guy, he's not the main guy but he'll take you to him." he answers. "Take my advice man, and do whatever they tell you. These aren't the guys you're use to working for like Issac."

That makes my throat dry almost instantly, and my hands start to sweat. The only thing I was praying for was that I won't be killed for doing this job.

We arrive in this giant warehouse, it seemed abandoned and seemed hidden from the public eye.

"Do you know the leader?" I asked.

"Nah, I've only heard of him. I've done jobs for him but orders given to me by one of his guys." he says. "Don't worry, just do what they say and you won't end up getting shot."

What the fuck did I get myself into?

It was getting close to sunset, and I stepped out of the black truck with Gus. I see another guy coming up to us, he looked younger than Gus, but older than me.

"Gus my man!" the man says and pats Gus' back.

"Liam, mate nice to see you," he says back.

I stared at this Liam guy, he was really attractive. I mean really attractive. He was tall, pretty fit with a beard and quiffed up hair. I don't know why someone as handsome as him might be doing dangerous work.

"Liam, I'm sure you're here for Marcus here," Gus says. Liam glances at me and smiles.

"I believe I am. Hey Marcus, I'm Liam."

I nodded, "hey."

I felt so small, and awkward. I'm pretty sure my cheeks were flushed. Kill me now.

"Alright well I need to go, nice seeing you Liam," Gus says, then looks at me. "Take care Mark."

He hops into the truck and then drives away. Now I'm alone with who-knows what kind of stuff I'm going to get myself into.

"Alright, we need to get inside. We have three jobs for you. You start in two hours," Liam says. I nodded and followed him, hoping that he won't speak to me again.

We walked into the warehouse, boxes were everywhere. It was dark, with a few guys carrying them around and placing them in stacks.

"I don't know your orders so we'll have to see if any of the other lads know," Liam interrupts my thoughts.

"Okay," I simply muttered.

He glances over at me, skeptical.
"You don't talk much."

I shrugged, "I don't know what to say."

He didn't seemed bothered by answer he just shakes his head and laugh, "Harry will like you."

We walked into this large room. Couches everywhere, the smell of weed and cologne filled the air.

I see a guy sitting on the couch, drinking beer and watching TV.

"Mate, aren't you supposed to be doing a delivery?" Liam asks the guy. The guy shrugs, "they didn't have the money."

Liam groans, "again?"

"Yeah I gave him a chance last time. Dumbass fucked himself over."

Liam eyes him, "what did you do?"

The guy shrugs, "shot him in the leg, told him I expect the money tomorrow or I won't miss his heart."

All the air was punched out of me, I wanted to run out of here.

"Zayn, seriously? You're being too soft, you should have just killed him there," Liam says. Soft?! Shooting him in the leg is, soft?! What the actual fuck.

"We need the money," Zayn huffs. Liam rolls his eyes and looks at me.

"This is Marcus, he's the new guy," Liam introduces me.

The Zayn guy looks at me, what is it with attractive men working here? The fact that he's attractive and shot a man, clearly shows don't judge a book by its cover.

"Sup Marcus, I'm Zayn." He says to me.

"Hey," I mumbled.

Liam glances at me again and looks back Zayn, "do you know his orders?"

"No, Niall probably does."

"Where is he?"

"Dunno, probably fucking some girl. Or drinking," Zayn shrugs.

I sighed, great I don't even know my job so I can get this over with.

"No you dumbass, I'm right here." This guy walks in. He's shorter than Liam, blonde and the first thing I think is. He looks like some type of frat boy.

"Is he the new guy?" The blonde, I think Niall says, heading nodding towards me.

"Yeah, I'm Marcus," why did I speak, I was really good at keeping quiet.

"Cool, I'm Niall." His Irish accent, very noticeable. He didn't seem to care, but still introduced himself.

"Anyway, do you know his job?" Liam butts in.

"The hell am I 'suppose to know that?" Niall says.

"You were supposed to know that mate," Zayn says.

"Well I don't know shit. I haven't even seen Harry."

"You guys are idiots, I swear," Liam grumbles.

He looks at me and sighs, "looks like we'll need to see Harry."

Great.

***
Okay I'm really bored in class, so that's why you'll see several updates from me for the first couple chapters.

Er and I didn't mean for Julia to meet Harry yet, but I thought might as well.
Trust me, it'll be good. I have all these shit load of ideas.

-E.x