thirty

Today is the day that we leave for Florida, I sat with Niall as we visited Zayn, who was still really weak to come with us.

"Fucking sucks that you can't come," Niall tells Zayn.

"Well you know... I got shot, can't do much about it," he smiles.

Niall stands up, "we'll bring you a souvenir," he laughs.

"Get me a key chain," Zayn jokes back. I looked at Zayn, "try not to get shot again Zayn."

He smirks, "I make no promises, but promise me you won't either."

I smile, "I make no promises."

***
We sat on a small jet, Harry wants each group to show up in different times, I am paired with obviously Harry, Liam, and the brains.

Liam sat next to me, he kept asking me how Miami is like, "well it's pretty damn hot, the humidity is pretty crazy. um... I honestly don't know how to describe it."

"Is more of a kind of thing you have to see for yourself to understand?" he asks.

"Yeah, more like that," I say.

Now sitting on a several hour flight was a bit more torturous than I had expected, that's only because when we went to Puerto Rico, Louis sat with me and wouldn't stop talking. Liam is a great person to have a conversation but it definitely isn't the same without Louis.

"We arrive in an hour," Liam mutters to me.

"Finally," I breathe.

I close my eyes, and I only half went to sleep. When you're awake but also sleep, yeah.

That made time go by fast because next thing you know Liam is shaking me to put on my seat belt for landing. I put it on and making my drop, my eyes close tight hating this. The plane lands, and I open my eyes as we are pulled to a stop.

Harry stands up before we are to, "don't make your faces noticeable, keep your guard up. Let's go."

We grabbed our things and walked out of the jet into several different cars, we were staying at rented beach houses in the other side from where my house use to be.

I ride along with Liam and we arrive Harry and the rest have arrived.

"The rest of the men have yet to arrive by midnight," Harry says to Liam.

"Alright so what do we do?" Liam asks as we all walk inside the house.

Harry turns to look at Liam," we still on the down low for a day. Tomorrow we go for it."

Harry walks away and up the stairs. I hesitated but I follow up the stairs into what I assume his room.

"Harry," I hold the door before he shuts it.

He spins around, "what?"

"Harry, if we're going to stay here for 24 hours you have to understand my father's men rule the streets. They'll find us."

He folds his arms, "and you're saying... Exactly what?"

"That we need to change our images," I say.

He smiles, "you want me to pull a Marcus?"

I rolled my eyes, "you know what I mean. They'll figure it out before we can even maybe get all our men here."

"I'll keep that in mind. In the meantime, can I be left alone?"

I frowned, "you're not very good at being nice."

He shrugs, "I have my rare few days."

"Whatever," I shake my hand and walk out.

***
I sat outside in the patio, I haven't been here in a long time. The air smelled of salt and a gentle cool breeze as I sat alone in the back watching the beach waves.