N i n e t y - t h r e e

"Look, Tay." I said, with a sigh while rubbing my forehead stressfully. "We can't buy you a gift if you won't let us alone."

Taylor pouted, "Come on, please." She pleaded and I tried to look away. "Besides, you don't know Nashville anymore, a lot of things changed." She had been begging for us to let her come but since Alison and I are going to buy her a gift, it's definitely not an option. Taylor just won't give up, she had been making reasons like, the unfamiliar places, the snowy weather, the traffic, the redheads we might meet (don't ask me), also, the fact that it's her car that I'm going to use.

"You say that like Google maps isn't a thing." I muttered while rolling my eyes. I've used that reason for about, nine times now but she never seemed to get tired of it. I opened the door to the passenger seat Alison hopped on while Taylor was still pouting, staring at either the seat or my daughter.

"Queen Swift, if you come with us, the present won't be a surprise anymore." Alison said.

I chuckled then smiled, I know my dimples were already showing. Taylor groaned. "Come on, please."

"Nope."

"Want a deal?"

"There's nothing you have that could interest me at the moment." I said. It was a lie. . .  "Besides, it's time for you to spend time with your family."

"But, that's my car, Harry." She replied.

"I wouldn't use your car if mine is around." I muttered while pulling the seatbelt over Alison. "And, please just stay home." I closed the door to the passenger seat.

Taylor stood in silence and defeat. I shook the snow off my hair and put my beanie on. "Get inside, love. It's a bit cold." I kissed her on the lips and then pulled away instantly. "I love you, we'll be back later."

She bit her lip. "Okay, just stay safe." Her cold arms pulled me close to her. And then she let go. "Love you, Harry."

"Now, get inside." I whispered. I went towards the other side of the car, waved goodbye and then went inside.

"You ready?" I asked Alison and she nodded.

And then we went from shop to shop, rack to rack, and shelf to shelf, trying to find out a good gift for Taylor. Apparently, I've already given my gift to her, the cat. . . but Alison wasn't an easy gift chooser.

"Daddy! We can't give her a doll, she gave me one!" She almost whined and I nod along with the most sarcastic smile. "We can't give her a teddy bear, Uncle Louis already gave her that!"

Wait, what?! "Alright, how did you know about that?" I asked.

"Uncle Louis told me." Alison said and finally sat down on one of the nearby chairs in the toy shop. . . "What does she like, daddy?"

I bit my lip and sat beside her. "Well, for one, Taylor isn't really materialistic--" I was about to continue when I saw her confused face. Oh. "I meant, she doesn't like objects you can buy that much. What Taylor really loves is the effort and time someone could give her – even if it's against the odds."

I realised it was an odd way to put it. I almost changed my words when Alison spoke up,

"Like getting Uncle Louis to spend his time here?" She asked and that's a rather good idea. She smiled cheerily as if she knew that it was better than any other gift I could come up with.

In relation to that, our trip to the shops was a waste. But anyways, I nodded. "That's a good idea." I said. "First, let's get some food, then we'll call him, that okay?"

"Yes." Alison answered. We headed to the nearest fast food chain. The usuals came up such as burgers and fries, as I looked around, the business seemed slow and then I remembered that Alison was skipping her last week in school before the break. It was risky but with a matter of a good talk, her teacher allowed it.