E i g h t

There were flashes before each memory. . .

The machines were beeping, at least second by second, other than that, the room was quiet. Taylor couldn't handle it but her eyes are closed and she could barely move. All she can do was listen. The moment she tried moving her fingers, she felt the shock surging through her body, it was painful and she can't even scream for it.

She focused on her own heartbeat and breathing. What else could she do but count the time?
She just played the thoughts inside her head. There was this light, and the tire screech and the brakes and. . . Harry. How was he?

Taylor found out she wasn't the only one in the room. There was a manly low groan from somewhere at her side. It couldn't be anybody else. She opened her eyes, and seen darkness. The room was white but the light is too dim. She heard the machine beeping much faster.

Her eyes darted to the her left side, there, Harry's head was on his hands, laying on the bed. He was soundly asleep, facing her but his eyes were closed. Taylor smiled slightly and just let him be.

There wasn't a point waking him up, Taylor didn't want to. She noticed his arm was casted. . . , the accident. Could be worse, they almost died but they didn't. Taylor tried to sit up, glad to know with a little flinching, she managed.

Her skin was pale, some parts bruised and wounded. Her head hurts, and there was also something that itches near her stomach. She looked down and pulled the hospital clothes up to her stomach, she was slightly horrified at the sight, stitches. . . fresh ones.

"Perfect." She mumbled and pushed the hospital clothes down. Then she felt a little woozy so she lied back down. For minutes, she just stared at ceiling, constantly looking at Harry.

How long had they been here? Does her parents know? No, they can't. They shouldn't know about this. Her mom would have a heart attack, what would her dad say? They need to keep it quiet.
It was only hours after that when Harry woke up. It was still dark inside the room and it might've been because of the navy blue curtains and closed room.

There were dark shades of circles around his eyes, his skin was going to the shade of pale-gray and he seemed restless. Not to mention the bandaged wound on his chin.

"Are you okay?" Taylor asked. She didn't know what else to say. It was a ridiculous question but she said it anyways.

Harry stood up and looked down, he didn't even meet Taylor's eyes. "I'm sorry." he whispered.

"It was an accident, Harry." She said, a part of her knew Harry wouldn't listen. She just had the first brush of being alive from the accident, now she couldn't even concentrate. Her mind was filled with worry, and most of it aren't for herself.

"I caused it, remember?" Harry said, his accent much more visible but his voice was cracking. Tears streamed down his face in an instant, he never looked up. "I almost--"

"Harry, don't." Taylor said, holding herself back from standing up. She wanted to comfort Harry, hug him tight and never let go. But in this state, she can't. She know she'll only end up making their injuries worse. "Please. . ." she breathed out. "just don't."

Harry didn't reply. She decided to let him be because maybe he needed the silence. But then, a few seconds later, Taylor heard sobs coming from Harry. 

Taylor's mind went off the hook, it rang in alarm and yet, she can't even react. All she can sense was the pain inside her head and her throbbing chest. Her eyes are starting to get pricked by tears she was trying to hold back. Please don't, Harry.