T h i r t y - n i n e

Time seemed to fly really quick, before they even knew it, they've been talking care of Alison for almost three weeks now. They had fun in almost every little thing from watching movies, to playing boardgames and the best of all, teaching Alison how to play the piano. They all enjoyed it that somehow they haven't realized it was just a matter of time when Alison will be back in her real home and all of these will return to normal. Taylor kept pushing those thoughts, though since she just wanted to live in the moment without worrying about the not-too-distant future.

It's Saturday and Taylor's on Alison duty. For a good four hours, Taylor watched Alison practice and as much as she was fascinated by Alison's graceful moves, she still saw the flaws.

After the classes were done, Taylor walked beside Alison who was frowning since they got here. She didn't bother saying a word until they got to the car.

Taylor knew Alison didn't like ballet that much. Because all this time, she was watching her and she didn't even seem to be enjoying a second of it. Taylor might not know her for a long time but she knew it if a child is upset about something.

"I'm not good at it." Alison said, her voice near cracking.

Oh no no no. Taylor was already afraid that she'd cry here. No. "How'd you say that?" She asked. She can't really lie to the child but she had to be as comforting as possible.

"I'm not like them." Alison replied and stared out the window. "Dr. Swift."

"Yes, princess?" Taylor replied immediately.

"Can you please keep a secret?" She turned around to look at Taylor. Taylor nodded. "I don't really like ballet."

That explains a lot. "Then quit." Taylor mumbled quietly and she didn't mean it to reach Alison but apparently, it did.

Alison looked up, Taylor was slightly horrified that she might have said a wrong piece of advice. She ended up mentally slapping herself as Alison seemed to be shocked of what she said. Stupid, Tay! How in the hell did you become a pediatrician if you can't even talk to a kid properly?! Idiot!

"Oh God, I'm sorry. I should not have said that." Taylor apologized. Stupid, idiot! You're stupid!

"I want to quit. I'm not good at ballet." Alison said, and looked down on her feet.

Rephrase what you wanted to say. "Th-Then maybe you should find other things that you're good at." She said.

"I'm not good at other things." Alison mumbled and you could hear how she was crestfallen in her innocent voice. She wasn't supposed to think that way and maybe something was pressuring her to do it, and think that way but Taylor couldn't decide what's causing it.

Taylor shook her head, "Trust me, you're good at other things. You're just going to have to find those other things and set your mind for them." She said, trying to comfort the child.

"Mommy likes me for ballet."

So that was it! The child is just pressured into liking it. That's no way to live a childhood. God, who am I to come between a child and what her mother wants for her?