S i x t y - t w o

It's been three days. . .

It's been three days since I last talked to Taylor, Liz, Alison, or anyone that had been involved. I still didn't know what to do, I still couldn't understand anything. My time, most of it had been wasted. . . I felt like a complete waste of oxygen in this world, I'm trying to reason with myself for doing something. And who am I kidding?! I don't know a heck about what I should do.

I've started the day the way I used to. I got ready for work then spent the day in the university. It changed a bit when I realized Lou wouldn't be around but still, I continued with my classes. After the day was over, I went back to the house where Alison and Liz were already there. I've asked Liz if she wanted me to do something, run an errand, cook dinner perhaps but all she said was I got nothing left to do so I didn't force her.

I walked around the house for a couple of minutes then later heard some familiar melody coming from upstairs. "Alison knows how to play?" I asked Liz who is a couple meters away from me.

"Yes. Ever since she went back." She replied plainly, I wonder how she's holding it in. I wonder why she's still kind to me, I wonder why she acts like nothing happened when in reality she feels shattered about it. It's impossible that she doesn't hold a single grudge.

"I'm sorry, Liz." I said quietly and then walked upstairs. I don't think she would be able to forgive me that simply and with just a couple of 'I'm sorry', it's just my mum never raised me to be someone who can't accept he's wrong. I am wrong, I did something wrong. . . all that's left to do is try to make it right.

The empty room where I usually sleep –and where I put all the musical instruments I have– was the first one I entered. Alison was playing the grand piano, she pressed the keys slowly one by one and yet the melody still brought some sort of relief to my ears. I shut the door behind me as she continued playing like she didn't see me. She only looked up for a second then continued with what she's doing.

Then one moment, she stopped.

"Why'd you stop?" I asked her.

"They didn't finish teaching it to me." Alison replied, most possibly pertaining to Taylor and Louis. I'm just glad she didn't give me silent treatments or ignored me.

"I'll teach the rest of it, if you want."

She shook her head, 'no' and played it all over again. I sat beside her and she didn't react like I wasn't beside her, like I was just thin air. She's never quiet when I'm around. She always wants to talk but now, it's different.

"Come on, princess, can you talk to me please? You never talked to daddy these past days. Are you still angry, princess?" I asked after a few minutes of only the piano playing.

Alison stood up and backed away. She stared at me, on the verge of crying, the same look in her eyes when she's about to cry, the same disappointed look on her eyes whenever I failed to do something.

"I thought you were only supposed to kiss people you love." She said sadly.

I wish I could explain it to her, I wish I could tell her in the simplest way that I do, that I really love Taylor but she won't easily understand that because Taylor isn't her mum. She'll just see it way worse than she is seeing right now, that I betrayed her and her mum.

I sighed and knelt infront of her, I bit my lip as I tried to think of something to say. Turns out, I can't lie and I can't say the truth either way, she'd still end up to be hurt.

"Yeah, only the people you love." I replied in a quiet voice.

"But. . .if--" she paused for a while. "I thought the king was supposed to have only one queen."