T h i r t y - t w o

"Look, all I want is a clear answer." Taylor said, walking back and forth, trying to wipe the irritation from her head. She didn't want to be stressed out at this moment because there is nothing to be stressed about. . . except for Louis. "Did you or did you not just force Harry to talk to me?"

Louis groaned and laughed. He ripped out a blank piece of paper from one of Taylor's notebooks from her desk and folded it into a paper airplane, still with a smug smile on his face. Taylor just waited until he said something.

He chuckled, "Ha, I couldn't get Harry to do a nick about his garden, d'ya think I could get that fella to talk to ya?"

"He said 'Louis was right, I can't do this.' Do you think he was talking of another Louis?" Taylor asked as she sunk down to her seat.

"No." Louis answered, for once, Taylor was satisfied because it wasn't a remark of sarcasm. "I didn't force him. Couldn't do that. I only bet a hundred bucks that he wouldn't be able to last for two hours. I win."

"You know the two of us well enough." She said, letting her head sink down on her arms. Taylor left Louis from her gaze for a while but she still continued to talk to him.

"I was hoping I'd lose." Louis added.

Taylor smirked but it disppeared instantly. "That's a waste of a hundred bucks, if you ask me."

"Not entirely." He said. "But you do know that I wanted him to talk to you, not to bring up anything like old feelings but for the two of you to finally have things cleared up in the past. It's sad to think that two of my bestfriends had a beautiful past but now see each other as strangers."

Taylor lifted her face, her jaw dropped and her lips shook. He said it well, he said it just as Taylor thought about it.

"Damn, you should write a novel." Taylor replied, she smiled cheekily.

"Wipe that smile or I will do it for you."

She stuck with that mischievous smile. "How?" She raised her eyebrow playfully. Louis took a while and she didn't wait for it. "Listen Lou, you gotta go home. I don't care if it's Saturday, just rest."

"Why would you want me to––"

Taylor raised an eyebrow as she stared at Louis' eyes, his tired, sleepy, sea green eyes. "Dark circles. Go home, sleep. Or spend some time with Dani, whichever way."

"Yeah? Maybe you're right. Sorry for coming here, unexpected."

"It's okay. The next time you can't sleep, just tell me." Taylor replied. Louis said he stayed here because he couldn't clear his head at night, he couldn't sleep most of the time though he had no reason to stay awake. Taylor suspected he had insomnia but he didn't want to tell him this early. There might be other reasons why. And besides, Taylor too had been experiencing that though not always. That's why she decided for the night shift in the first place.

"You too, White Queen." Louis grinned and walked out of the door.

Her day went by too quickly. She got a phone call from Cas, who seemed to be alright in his mission. He said he was helping out on the evacuation and he was really tired and he just wanted to talk. Taylor and him talked for what seemed like hours though nothing too serious, they mostly talked about the stuff they did and usually do.

Also, she found out about Mrs. Fredricksen retiring and she won't be able to see her starting next year. They had the rest of the week before the holidays to say goodbye.

Alison, on the other hand, had been calling more often. She said her dad allowed her but he would never talk to Taylor. It meant nothing to her, she wouldn't want to talk to a guy who is uninterested anyways.