N i n e

A month after the incident, Taylor had told her parents all about the accident. Thankfully, they didn't blame Harry but they made sure there was some distance between them. For a couple of day, Taylor had been in quarantine in her own home. Her friends could still visit though Harry doesn't. She wonders often where he was but she didn't like to think about it that much.

And yet another normal, snowy day. Taylor was looking out her window, watching the snow fall down, listening to music with her earphones plugged in her ears, and stroked the fur of her cat on her lap. She sang along the few songs as she waited for the hours to go by.

For a second, she thought she heard someone knocking on her door, she glanced at it for a while then went back to the window since she didn't hear another knock.

Then she heard one again. She groaned, she put down Meredith on the floor then made her way to the door. She opened it and who else could she see but the two most annoying brothers in the whole world, one is her real brother and one is her make-believe brother, Austin and Louis.

Louis had the more annoying grin as he looked at Taylor from head to toe. She was wearing a gray sweater and blue pajamas, barefoot. Her hair was a blonde brush of mess. "Ho ho, bet you didn't expect me to come.

"Nahh. Lou, I got used to seeing her like this. Trust me, this isn't the worst." Austin mumbled.

"How are ya, Red Princess?" Louis asked, while Austin groaned, mumbling stuff under her breath. Louis turned to him with a smile "She might be your sister, but she's my Red Princess, no need to mumble American stuff and football insults. I heard them."

Austin looked dumbfounded but eventually high fived Louis. "You're good, dude."

"You have no idea." Taylor said. "By the way, what are you doing here?" She asked, referring to Louis.

"Checking up on you, Captain Harold's orders. If you still didn't know, he's in Cheshire right now, arranging some college stuff." Louis said.

Finally! There was an answer to Harry's absence. He could've just told her though, why did he need Louis to tell her?

"Also, he said he wasn't able to tell you because it was all rushed." He smiled.

"So can't the dude call at least? My sister had been locked in this house and it's his faul--"

Taylor glared at Austin

"I'm just concerned, alright? You can't even go anywhere from school to back. Seriously, the--" Austin was reaching the level Louis shouldn't know about.

"Austin." Taylor snapped. "Don't go there." She warned.

Upon hearing it all, Louis' face turned serious and stared at Taylor.

"F-Fine, I'll leave the two of you alone." Austin said, walking away. Taylor was going to say something in protest since she didn't want to be left alone with Louis right now, the lad is an interrogator, she couldn't lie to him no matter how good she is. But then Austin was already inside his room, never bothering to look back.

Taylor groaned as her eyes came back to the serious-looking Tomlinson. "God, don't look at me like that!" She said, irritated and annoyed.

"Aren't you even going to invite me in?" Louis asked with a slight smile.

"No."

"Yes, you are." Louis quickly but gently pushed her inside as he walked in. He closed the door behind him and leaned on it with an incredulous look on his face.