E i g h t y - t w o

Four months later. . .

I slightly leaned against the desk with my arms crossed as I scan my class for someone to choose. . . it had already deemed me that most are just shy.

"Anybody? Maybe just a wild guess?" I asked, with a smile. From the back, there was a student wearing a blue printed shirt who shakily raised his hand. I know him. "Mr. Crye, any guess?" I made sure my tone was lively as they've been so used to me being grumpy. . . not for the past months though, it's different. My students were already the next batch and I wonder why they still think I'm the same as last school year. Some, though, remained as my students and now I can only watch their confused faces every time I smile.

"Uh s-s-s-sir, um--" I can tell Mr. Crye is nervous.

I smiled again, "It's alright, lad, I won't bite." I said.

"It's at the time th-that women are--are seen as only housewives and maids, a lo-lower part of the society. . .?" Mr. Crye sounded a bit unsure but that question was as simple as his answer. Was I really that terror back then?

"Exactly." I said and then told him to take his seat. I looked at the time and there's about three minutes left before the period ends. I sighed, knowing that I might just use the rest for play time.

I walked around with my usual hand gestures as I asked, "Now, tell me honestly who's got the same answer as Mr. Crye's but did not speak up? Raise your hand." I asked, again my tone is as jokingly as the question. It's been months! Haven't they gotten used to this kind of Professor Styles?!

About near one fourth of the class nervously and hesitantly raised their hands. I told them to put their hands down as I've got another question. "Who – honestly, please answer honestly, I won't fail you for it – Who among you did not raise their hands at the past question because they're either too shy or was just afraid that they'd see the old Hulk teacher?" I asked with a grin – since during the past year, that's what most of them called me when I'm not around.

The rest raised their hands, "I knew it." I said, laughing a little and I could see that for the first time, the tension broke off. I've seen relieved faces and it's making me wonder why I haven't done this before. "Last question — who among you knows that it's already dismissal time but did not remind me?" I asked and most of the class was smiling and laughing as they raised their hands.

"Past few months, class. During the past few months, you've seen me like this and today's the only time we've got some closure." I said and sighed. . .

I grinned again and said, "Alright get out, all of you get out, class dismissed." To be quite honest, this is the first time I said that to dismiss a class. I might be a bit of a joker for the past few months but never like this. Well, at least the students will be able to understand now.

I walked out of the class and then through the hallways. Some of my students earlier started greeting me, and I make sure I always greet back with a smile as I made my way to the office. I took my bag and then my camera, greeted a couple of workmates , then I walked out of the office. Just then, my phone rang.

I slid my finger across the screen and them answered the call – which was apparently from Taylor. I continued walking and smiled as I said, "Hey, love."

"Harry, where you right now?" Taylor asked.

"Erm, at the university. I was just on my way to pick you up." I replied.

"Oh uh, Harry, uh don't pick me up." She said, much to my surprise.

I frowned a little and I raised an eyebrow, "Uh, why?" I asked. If I remember it correctly, this is the first time she told me not to pick her up and I'm honestly wondering why. I've also noticed that she's somewhere noisy as sometimes I could barely hear her words.