F o r t y

That question came up rhetorically, she didn't want to know the answer to it but here is Louis, trying to explain why there was a sleeping drunk six- feet tall man, wearing a black shirt topped with a leather jacket, matched with skinny jeans and his favorite boots.

Taylor has got to admit it to herself, Harry still looked amazing in that state, except for the fact that he reeks of beer and vodka. How is the even possible?! Still, she slightly flinched at the sight of Harry being there, fear crept into her mind without a reason.

"I don't know." Louis whisper-yelled. "He just came a few minutes after I called you. Noticed I tried calling you again?"

I didn't know he tried. Taylor checked her phone and was slightly startled by the five missed calls from Louis after his last call. Her fingers played with almost everything because she wanted to keep her focus off Harry and even avoid looking at him.

"Yeah, that's what happens when you don't check your phone. Continuing that story, he asked to see Alison, someone must have told him she's here. And I told him she isn't. I don't know, he just slept on the couch when  I wasn't looking." Louis whisper-yelled and said as quick as he could.

"You have no idea how Alison is scared of her father being drunk. How do you suppose she'll react if she saw him, lying in deep slumber, reeks of alcohol and really drunk?!" Taylor spoke back instantly but still controlled the volume of her voice.

"Are you really referring to Alison right now? Are you sure you aren't referring to yourself? Taylor, you seemed so afraid of him. I get what happened in the hospital but was he really that threatening that when you see him, you flinch?!" That was the worst question he could ask at the moment.

"How is this about me, again? Don't go there. Don't even--"Taylor groaned quietly and ran her fingers through her hair. She licked her bottom lip and said, " Yes, I'm terrified of him. I don't even want to see him eversince that hospital incident, and yes, that's why I didn't agree to this agreement at first but. . .I'm thinking of Alison. You know it, Louis. You know Alison is scared of Harry too. She can't see him like this. I know I never experienced this as a child but I know a few who did. If it gets in her head, she's going to have this hatred towards her father, because she lived in fear during her childhood. I don't want that to happen with the two of them. Harry already lost a child, he can't lose another one or he'll go entirely insane. Look at him right, now, it's still halfway, but if he loses Alison, or her trust by the least, he's not going to be able to live with himself."

Louis nodded. "So what am I supposed to do? What are we supposed to do?"

"I was hoping you'd answer that part." Taylor said, a bit hopeless about it.

"Maybe just. . ." he thought about it for a moment and then he continued, "Maybe just try to keep Alison inside the room. We'll deal about it if he's still here tomorrow."

Both of them heard a low groan so they turned around to look at Harry, he is now sitting, his head bowed down as he was looking at his fingers.

"Yeah, sounds like a plan." Taylor whispered and started walking away. Sure as hell, she didn't want to be there, she's rather be in the room and it was a mistake going down here. She gave Harry a glance but he didn't know it.

Holy sh-- oh no, this is not good.

Taylor stood frozen. She muttered a few curses under her breath. Alison was right infront of her and she was looking at her father.

So much for that plan.