F i f t y - t w o

Alison's Birthday Party

Taylor arrived about fifteen minutes late, one reason is her schedule – she had to deliver another child– and the second reason was Louis, they agreed that they'd come together but apparently, he was running really late and he texted her to go alone instead.

Lively music played at every corner, there were a lot of strangers and kids around the Style's yard, food was everywhere and the parking lot was packed, Taylor couldn't deny it, she had trouble finding a parking space for her car. She ended up parking it a dozen yards away. Now she's thinking that it would have been easier to ride a cab instead but too late for that thought. . . she just went ahead. Colorful balloons, flowers, food and the other same old party stuff were all around. Wew, the Styles overdid themselves. She occasionally bumped into a few kids who were running around and a couple of busy parents and would apologize for it but she was either ignored or shrugged off. She walked around the lot, trying to find someone familiar but she failed sorely at it.

The sight of the crowd slightly nauseated her, yet she kept going. It wasn't long when she realized she kept going in circles so she decided to just sit at one of the benches in the corner. She grabbed her phone and started texting Louis. . . and when he didn't reply, she decided to text Niall. Again, with the no reply. It sucks because she didn't know anybody here, except for the birthday girl and her parents but other than that, nobody. That's when she decided to walk around again.

Finally! Taylor saw someone she knew. Zayn and Niall were both standing near the front porch, talking. Seeing as she didn't get much of a choice and it's the first time she have seen Zayn in a very long time Taylor approached the two of them.

"Taylor! Didn't know you were coming." Niall remarked and took a sip from his punch.

She tittered and said, "I sent you a message, Horan. Check it." Her tone was full of sarcasm, yet Niall's smile remained on his baby face.

Zayn turned around and saw her, "Taylor!" He exclaimed and wrapped his arms around Taylor. He isn't really the hugging type but probably made an exception. He let go easily then said, "How're ya?" She had a good look on him and he hadn't changed much, his hair is still styled in a pointy way and still as dark as his beautiful eyelashes.

"Great!" Taylor replied with a squeal. "What about you, Zayn? Haven't seen you in a while."

Zayn shrugged and pursed his lips together, making his eyes widen. "Hmm, nothing new. My twins are inside, want to meet them?" He invited.

"Sure, why not?" Too late. Taylor just realized that it was she's going to enter the Styles' manor and she forgot about it for a second. Before she realized it, Zayn was already escorting her inside the house.

With all the noise going on, apparently, she still managed to hear Niall grumbling behind them. "I'm still alive, in case you two are wondering."

"We aren't." Zayn said, just to annoy him and gestured for Taylor to do the same.

"Not wondering." She said out almost out loud. She glanced back at Niall with a smirk. Then she hard Zayn call her but he's already late since she already bumped into someone.

"Hey!" The woman shrieked as she accidentally spilled juice on both Taylor and her. She seemed like she was a couple of years younger than Taylor and she had some resemblance with Liz. She could be her younger sister or something.

Taylor heard Niall laughing behind her yet she ignored it this time. "I'm sorry. I didn't see you." She apologized instantly. She flinched at the cold rushing down her black dress.