Chapter 92 Time to think

"Please." He begs. I need some time to think.
"I think it's for the best that I stay at Lucas and Tasha." I say and pull my suitcases down from the bed.
"So I don't have a thing to say?" He frowns. Is he for real?
"No not after what you did." I say and walk passed him with my suitcases.
"Ain't you even gonna give me a chance to make it up to you?" He asks as he follows me.
"Marshall, I need to get away from you right now." I say and he grabs me and spins me around to face him.
"Can I at least call you?" He asks.
"Not right away. Call me in a couple of days." I say.
"And you promise to talk to me?"
"Yes." I say and leave. I walk outside and I just begin to walk with my suitcases as I text Tasha.

To Tasha (02:04am)
Are you awake?

I know that Tasha is a night person so I just pray that she'll be up or else I have to walk and that will probably take about 2 hours. I know I could just ask Marshall to set up a ride for me but I refuse to ask anything from him.

Tasha (02:06am)
Not really. What's up?

Reply to Tasha (02:09am)
Can you pick me up?

Tasha now calls me.

"Hi." I say when I pick up the phone.
"What the hell is going on?" She asks.
"Marshall cheated on me, will you please pick me up?"
"Are you serious girl? Who the fuck did he cheated with?"
"He kissed Jenny."
"Jenny? Your employee that you hate?"
"Exactly."
"What a fucking dick. Where are you?"
"I'm walking from Marshall's  house in the direction to you."
"I'll pick you up."
"Thank you."
"No need man. See you." She says and hangs up.

I just keep walking and I look up in the sky, the moon is so bright and lights Detroit up. Maybe it's this city? Maybe I just can't find happiness in this city. Bad things always happens in this city. Why would he even do it to me? I thought he loved me. He told me that I shouldn't trust what everybody says, he told me that we should trust each other then there wouldn't be a problem. Why would he screw it up? I love him so much and I think I'm a good girlfriend. I sacrificed so much for him and this is how he's gonna repay me? I left Kevin. I was suppose to get married but I threw it all on the floor because I wanted to be with him. Wasn't it prove enough for him? I thought we should grow old together. I thought that we should live happy ever after. I thought we were suppose to be a family, maybe have a kid or two someday. Maybe he doesn't love me that much. Maybe he just love the 18 year old Amelia. Maybe we really don't know each other after all. Wasn't it stupid to think that we could pick up 8 year later and think that we could be together like we used to? I told myself that it wasn't possible and then I did it anyways. I knew it deep down and see where my actions got me. Now I'm walking with my suitcases in Detroit in the middle of the night because he cheated on me. He fucking cheated on me! I begin to cry because I feel the pain in my chest, the pain is so intense and it feels like someone has just ripped my heart out. Fuck it hurts!
I now see a car pull over and I already know it's Tasha. I put my bags into the trunk before I get in on the passenger seat. I don't say anything but I can feel Tasha's eyes on me.
"What the fuck happened tonight?" She asks as she begins to drive.
"I don't even know anymore." I sigh. I'm too exhausted to talk about it and I don't even know what happened other than he cheated. I don't know what went trough his mind or why he would even cheat on me, I simply can't explain it.
"Yes you do, you just don't wanna talk about it." Tasha says as she knows me and she knows how I act when I'm broken.
"Yeah." I just sigh.
"What happened Amelia?" She asks me and then I begin to explain about me and Marshall's plan and how I overheard their conversation and how it lead to their kiss. "But did you say that shit to Kevin?"
"Yes but nothing like that, I just miss him in general but that doesn't mean that I wanna get back together with him. We shared a lot and we have a lot of memories, it would be strange if I didn't miss him." I explain.
"Yeah.. I feel you." She says. "Wait.. Didn't Jenny fuck Kevin too?"
"She did." I say irritated.
"Does she have some sick need to have everything that you have?" Tasha asks.
"Apparently." I sigh.
"What did Marshall say?" She asks.
"He accused me of lying but I've been honest with him. It's him who's lied about knowing Jenny and cheating on Kim. When he asked me if it was truth what Jenny had told him then I could've lied but I chose to be honest. I can't even imagine what else he's been lying about." I say.
"Me neither." Tasha says. "I really thought that he would never do shit like that to you. The two of you are like Romeo and Juliet man.. Nothing can keep you apart and that shit man.. It just surprises me."
"Me too." I say. "The worse thing is that he could've been honest with me. I wouldn't care that he had cheated on Kim with Jenny. Maybe I would have cared a little that he had slept with Jenny because I hate her but other than that I wouldn't give a fuck. Him and Kim's relationship has nothing to do with our relationship, it's in the past, you know?"
"Exactly." Tasha agrees.
"I gave up a good guy Tasha, I gave up Kevin for Marshall to ruin everything for me." I cry now.
"Do you regret leaving Kevin?" She asks me the golden question now which is harder to answer than I thought, because even though that Marshall just did this shit to me then I'm so happy that I reunited with him. I regret giving everything up in New York for him and move to Detroit when he was gonna cheat on me anyway.
"I regret sacrificing everything for Marshall but I don't regret reuniting with him." I say and she nods in understanding.
"What are you gonna do now?" She asks.
"I hoped that I could stay with you and Lucas for a while?" I ask.
"Yeah.. Of course." She says. "How did Marshall reacted on you leaving?"
"He begged me to stay." I say.
"Shit." She sighs. "He's gonna try to get you back, you know that, right?"
"I know." I say. "I just need a place to stay before I then find out what to do."
"Are you gonna move back to New York?" She asks.
"That's what I need to find out." I say honestly.
"Where would you stay in New York? I mean.. You and Rachel aren't talking."
"I'm probably gonna stay with my friend Melissa." I say.
"Alright." Tasha says. "But just know that you can stay as long as you want until you find out what you wanna do."
"Thank you." I say. I'm so glad to have Tasha as my friend again.
"But.. No bullshit if Sharonda comes over, alright?"' She says. Actually I can't wait to rub in Sharonda's face that I'm not the one who's fucking things up.
"I promise." I say. "Is Lucas awake at home?"
"Yeah he saw some lame movie when I left." Tasha smiles.
"Did you tell him anything before you left?" I ask her knowing that Lucas is gonna be so fucking pissed with Marshall.
"No I thought you'd wanted to explain yourself." She says.
"I'm just too tired to explain it all over again." I sigh.
"I can fill him in, if you want?" She asks.
"Thank you." I say.

We arrive to Lucas and Tasha's apartment and Lucas right away looks at me when we enter the living room.
"What's going on sis?" He asks and gets up from the couch and hugs me. I immediately begin to cry and I guess it's because I feel so comfortable with Lucas that I can just break down the walls.
"Marshall cheated on me." I cry.
"That motherfucker is fucking dead." Lucas sighs.
"Yo don't." Tasha says because she knows as well as me that his temper is about to rise and I can't deal with that right now.
"What happened?" Lucas asks me.
"I really just wanna go to bed." I cry into his chest.
"I'm gonna explain." Tasha says. I break the hug and then I walk into bed. I check my phone and Marshall has texted me even though he promised not to contact me right away but I should've known that he couldn't keep his word.

Marshall (02:26am)
I know I promised to leave you alone for a couple of days and Imma do that after this text. I just need to say how fucking sorry I am. The house feels so empty without you now and I fucking need you next to me. I hope that you can forgive me or in someway let me make all this shit up to you. You're my queen Amelia and I can't live without you. I was fucking stupid tonight and I don't even deserve you but I'm gonna do everything to get you back. I love you.

I wanna answer his text but I don't even know what to answer so I just don't.