Chapter 18 Enough is enough

I've been ignoring Marshall the past 3 days and it's getting to the point where his texts are really angry, but it has been good for me and Kevin that I've taken some distance from Marshall, we're doing good and it has made me realize that what me and Kevin have is perfect and of course Marshall makes me feel things that Kevin can't but me and Kevin's life is simple and I don't need be involved in Marshall's crazy life because I know it's gonna be complicated and I don't need that.
I've spend a lot of time with Rachel the past 3 days when I haven't been working at the club, me and Kevin are still looking for an apartment for her to live in. James still calls him but she doesn't pick up her phone but she has hired a divorce lawyer which I've paid of course, she's actually doing really good and I'm so proud of her. 

I sit in my office and read all Marshall texts he has send me the past 3 days.

Friday the day I got home he texted after he asked me if there was something wrong:
"You know you can always call me if you need to talk, right?"
"Is everything cool between us?"
"I take that as a no"

Saturday he texted me again:
"Would you mind tell me what the fuck is going on?"
"Amelia you owe me an explanation"
"You promised you wouldn't do this to me man"

Sunday (yesterday) he texted me again:
"Are you gonna answer me today?"
"How do you think this shit makes me feel? You told me you loved me and shit and now you ignore me without giving me an explanation, that's a fucking corny move Amelia. I'm sitting here thinking what the fuck have done wrong since you treat me like fucking shit!"
"I swear to god that I'm gonna lose my fucking mind if you keep ignoring me like this! Didn't this week mean anything to you?"
"You know what? Have a fucking nice life you lying bitch. You're a great actor since you could fool me like that, great job Amelia"

It was the last text I received from him and it was last night. Trust me it's hard because I wanna give him an explanation but I just know that he's gonna try to change my mind and I'm gonna fall for it.
"Baby I'm going to the club." Kevin says and I look at him, he stands leaning against the doorframe looking hot as hell, I'm gonna marry this man. I get up from my chair and walk over to him and kiss him.
"I'll see you later baby." I say.
"Bye baby." He says and kisses me one last time before he walks out of the door.
Hmm what should I do today? You know what? I need some new shoes. I go in a change when I hear the doorbell ring so I quickly head to the door, it's probably just the mailman, I ordered some clothes last week.
I open the door and there's Marshall! What is he doing here? Oh shit he looks angry, he is angry, why wouldn't he be? He looks so good! Amelia stop! You made your decision!
"Are you gonna let me in or are you gonna ignore me face to face too?" He asks in a calm but angry tone. I must be dreaming because he can't be here, how does he know where I live?
"What are you doing here?" I ask him nervously.
"You know why the fuck I'm here Amelia, now let me in before someone sees." He says and I take a step to the side so he can enter the door, I close the door behind him seeing him walking towards the kitchen like he feels at home. I follow him out to the kitchen and he leans himself against the island crossing his arms over his chest and he stares at me with a very angry look, I hate when he looks at me like that.
"How do you know where I live?" I'm the first to speak.
"I told you that you shouldn't underestimate the power I have now." He just says coldly.
"You can't just show up at my house Marshall." I say in a serious tone.
"Well then you should've replied my texts then it wouldn't be necessary." He says.
"What the fuck would you have done if Kevin was home?" I ask him angrily.
"How stupid do you think I am? I've been parked outside your house for an hour making sure he left first." He says. At this point Marshall scares me a bit, just because I haven't responded to his texts in 3 days then it doesn't give him the right to show up at my house!
"Are you insane or something?! You can't just show up at my house like this!" I yell at him now.
"You should have thought of that when you didn't replied my texts Amelia!" He fires back.
"That gives you no right to show up at my house your fucking psycho!"
"Am I a psycho?! You know what's crazy?! You telling me that you love me and shit, acting like you want me and then ignore me!" He yells.
"Marshall I'm engaged! When are you gonna realize that I can't just drop everything for you?!"
"You can't just come to fucking Detroit acting like we're a fucking couple for like a week and then tell me that you won't nothing to do with me!" He yells really loud now and I know he's really really angry.
"You tricked Kevin to send me to fucking Detroit you fucking idiot! I tried to stay away from you but you keep on pushing and manipulate me!" I scream at him.
"I manipulated you?!" He laughs in sarcasm. "I was the one being manipulated by you! I treated you like a princess! I supported you in that whole James and Rachel situation and you just fucking used me you fucking bitch!" He yells.
"I did not use you Marshall, I really appreciate you being there!" I say. How can he possible think otherwise? The fact that I can't be with him has nothing to do with be not appreciating what he has done for me, I didn't use him because it was all real but I've made up my mind.
"You have a fucking funny way of showing it then!" He says angrily.
"What do you want me to do Marshall? I've made up my mind!" I say and it hurts so fucking bad to say that out loud.
"You made up your mind? And you didn't thought of telling me that?!" He asks getting even more angry now.
"You know now so will you please go?" I ask him because I know I'm gonna burst out crying in any minute.
"No! You can't just say and do the things you did last week and leave me like that!" He says frustrated.
"I ain't gonna change my mind Marshall so please leave." I tell him and I'm trying my hardest not to cry, but Marshall just walks towards me while I walk backwards.
"If you really love me like you said you did then you wouldn't just give up on us." He says and he still walks towards me while I walk backwards.
"I'm being realistic Marshall." I say. Why can't he see it? He grabs my hips and pulls me against him but I push him away. "I'm serious."
"Why the fuck are you fighting this? I would give you everything Amelia, why can't you see it?" He asks me.
"I already have a man who wants to give me everything." I throw in his face.
"But can he give you everything?" He asks. I begin to laugh because hello! Have he seen our house? We own 3 clubs so yeah he can give me everything.
"Look around Marshall." I say.
"So you're saying that you love him more than me?" He asks and I can now feel the kitchen counters on my lower back and Marshall stands very close now but he doesn't touch me.
"I've made my decision." I just say.
"That wasn't what I asked." He says.
"Marshall please, please leave." I beg.
"You know we can make it work so why are you picking the wrong dude?" He asks.
"We can't make it work Marshall!" I now cry. I've really thought this through! Marshall has 3 kids or basically only one but.. You know.. Oh god, that's why it's so complicated! He has the custody over 3 kids so he's a dad, I can't be involved with a man who has kids, I don't even know if I'm good with kids! I was good with Nate but that was different. Marshall is now famous and I can't be in the spotlight like that, I know how crazy the media is and I don't wanna be a part of that.
"Why don't you think we can make it work?" Marshall asks.
"Because you're a dad now, you're famous and I just can't adapt to your life Marshall.. I just can't." I say honestly.
"What the fuck is wrong with the fact that I'm a dad now?" He asks.
"There's nothing wrong with that but I just can't be a part of that whole family thing." I say.
"Why not? Hallie, Alaina and Whitney would love you." He says.
"Marshall I'm not ready for all that! I like my life with Kevin and I don't wanna be apart of your crazy life!" I say. I can tell my words hit him hard but I have to be mean because else he won't leave and it hurts that I have to be like that.
"Wow.." He laughs in sarcasm. "I can't even believe that I fell that hard for you again but don't worry Amelia, I'll leave you alone and this is the end." He says and he doesn't give me a chance to say anything before he heads out of the door. It breaks my heart and it hurts even more because I know he hates me now.

It's like there's glue on my phone the whole day because I actually hope that Marshall is gonna text me, but that doesn't happen. Suddenly I'm surprised to see a text from Lucas.

Lucas (10:01pm)
I feel horrible about that shit which happened last week. I was gonna tell you about me and Tasha I swear but it's just fucking difficult when she's so fucking angry with you. Are you gonna come to Detroit again soon so we can hang out for real? Don't me angry with my sis.

I'm angry because it's almost a week ago and he haven't called or texted me before now. Am I going to Detroit in the nearly future? No. I finished all my business in Detroit and I don't see a reason for me to visit again.

Reply to Lucas (10:09pm)
You have no idea how disappointed I am. The fact that you first text me now is fucking corny and why didn't you stick up for me? Tasha was acting crazy and she has no reason to be angry with me so the fact that you just stood there like a fucking pussy is fucking lame of you! You must be pussy whipped or something because we've always had each other's back. I'm not coming back to Detroit because I've finished my business there.

Lucas (10:18pm)
I kinda see why she's so angry with you that's why I didn't say anything. What do you mean with that you've finished your business in Detroit? Does that mean that you don't wanna talk to me no more? What about Marshall? I thought the two of you were doing good?

Reply to Lucas (10:25pm)
You see why she's angry with me? I don't wanna say some stupid shit because you're still my brow but I'm too angry with you right now and me and Marshall don't speak no more

Lucas (10:30pm)
Tasha knew you were doing good but not once did you invite her to New York like you did with me, you know? You always talked about how fabulous your life was but never did you want to see her and she missed you like crazy. Why aren't you and Marshall speaking?

Was I like that? I never invited Tasha but mostly it was because I've would be too busy if she came to New York to actually have time for her so I was kinds of hoping that one day I would be strong enough to visit her in Detroit.

Reply to Lucas (10:33pm)
I'll call you tomorrow, night.

I'm actually really tired and I don't wanna talk about all that shit with Marshall now. I look at my phone and begin to go through all the texts, should I text him? No Amelia you made up your mind.