Chapter 74 John

This story just reached 8000K! I know that it's not that many for some but for me it's a huge thing. I'm glad that so many people are interested in reading my story and I really appreciate the support I get from y'all :) (remember to vote and comment)

I walk out to the kitchen and I see Rachel talking with a man, a man I know. I haven't seen this man in many years but I recognize him right away... The man is my dad.

They're sitting at the table, Rachel has a big sized shirt on, a man shirt, is it my dad's shirt? She has nothing else on but that shirt. My dad.. John.. Is dressed in some sweatpants and a t-shirt, that's not how I remembered John dressing himself. John always dressed himself in a suit because he was a leader of some company. It's clearly that John isn't here for no reason, John is here because something is going on between Rachel and him.
Rachel notices me standing there in the doorway and I can see the horror in her eyes because she now has some serious explaining to do. I already know that I'm not gonna like what I'm about to hear, I already know that me and Rachel's relationship is crashed into the ground.
"Amelia." She says in a surprised voice. I look over at John who looks just as surprised to see me.
"What the fuck is going on?" I hiss.
"Sit down honey." She asks me. There's no way that I'm gonna share table with that asshole.
"No." I say. "What the fuck is going on?"
"Please sit down sweetie and we'll explain everything." Rachel says.
"I'm not sharing table with that fucking woman abuser!" I raise my voice now. "Just tell me what's going on?!"
"Calm down Amelia." Rachel says.
"No! Are you out of your god damn mind Rachel?! Are you just looking for fucking trouble?! How can that scumbag be in our fucking kitchen?!" I scream at her.
"Amelia will you please let your aunt explain?" John says softly which just sends me over the edge of madness. I start laughing and there's really nothing to laugh at, but it feels so surreal to see my dad after 17 years.
"Explain to me why you're fucking around with the man who almost beat your sister to death Rachel." I laugh.
"Amelia!" She gets angry about the way I'm talking to her right now but I don't give a flying fuck.
"It is what you're doing Rachel!" I scream at her. I'm so close to smash the whole damn place in anger.
"John has changed." Rachel says. People like him doesn't change.
"You're so fucking naive Rachel! I just send a man to jail for 30 years, a man who also manipulated you because you're so naive!" I tell her and Rachel's eyes gets watery.
"That's not fair.." Her voice shakes.
"Let me tell you what's not fair!" I cut her off. "You keeping bringing damage to this family! I'm away for two months and what do you do?! You fucking hook up with that psychopath!" I yell as I point at John.
"Why don't you hear me out before you begin to point fingers?" John now asks. How I could just kill this man.. I look at him with a look which could cut his throat.
"What, John? Are you gonna tell me how you've changed? But let me tell you something; a person who beats his own wife until she's almost half dead and forces his wife and daughter to run away from him will never change. I don't believe that that awful people can change for the better." I say.
"I'm sorry you feel that way." John says.
"Well.. I'm not." I say.
"Amelia.." Rachel tries to speak.
"And you Rachel, you just crushed our whole relationship! How stupid are you to run from the one psychopath to the other?" I frown.
"Your dad had.." She tries to speak.
"That man." I say and point at John. "Is not my dad."
"Amelia stop cutting me off for god sake!" Rachel gets angry. "If you would just listen to us then you can think what ever you want afterwards. You have every right to leave but just listen what John has to say!" She says. I really don't wanna listen to anything he has to say but on the other hand I get curious. Curious about what his excuses are. Curious how naive Rachel. I take a chair and drag it away from the table so I don't have to sit too close to them, because I'm afraid that if John says something that pisses me off then I won't hesitate to hit him if he's too close. There's a moment of silence because I'm not gonna ask him to speak, I'm not gonna entourage him to say anything.
"Do you remember that I owned a big company when you were little?" He asks.
"I remember a lot of things." I say. I remember how you beat my mom.
"Being a leader of a company is very stressful, specially because I had success in a very young age but all the work and all the hours I spent I work, I did that because I wanted the best for you Amelia." He explains.
"If you wanted the best for me then you wouldn't had beat up mom." I confront him.
"We had a lot of good years together and I hadn't always been that way, but I became addicted to alcohol and drugs and that's where it all went down the hill." He says. My mom never talked much about John, but I knew that it hadn't always been like that but she didn't tell me that he was an addict. "Your mom was constantly at my throat because of my addiction which was reasonable but you don't see it like that as an addict. As an addict you only have one goal and that is to get your next fix and you're gonna destroy everything that comes in your way to get it, also people you love. Your mom came in the way many times and that made me hurt her, it was awful that I could do that to a woman that I loved so much. That day she ended up at the hospital was the worse day in my life. I knew that me and you mom loved each other but our relationship couldn't me saved, I had costed too much damage to her and to you for that sake. I knew that she was all about saving you, she knew that you had laid your pretty eyes on things that would hunt you forever. I loved your mom but I loved you even more, I couldn't imagine a life without you so the day that your mom told me that she had another man and she would leave me I got a break down. Your mom had told me a lot of times before that she would leave me, it was nothing new but when she told me that she had another man I just couldn't control it. When your mom ended up in the hospital I decide to keep my distance from you. I knew what I had done was awful and I knew that I had to get myself together again before I should try to become a part of your life again. When you were 12 years old I was clean and I decided to find you, so I did. I made sure that you were in school when I came to your house because I wouldn't wanna scare you. When you mom opened the door for me she was so beautiful but she was also so afraid, I could then see how much damaged I had done to her. Your mom was the most strongest woman I had ever met so if she was scared then I knew that there would be something to be scared of. I told your mom that I was sober, I told her how sorry I was and I told her that I wanted to see my little girl but your mom wouldn't let me, she told me how scared you were for me, she told me how much damaged I had done to you so I wanted to show your mom just how much I had changed. I told her that I would stay away and she promised me that you would get to see me if you asked for it. I tried to offer her some money because I could see that you didn't have much but she wouldn't have anything from me, so when you mom died and I found out that Rachel had the custody over you I reached out for contact. At first it was hard to get through to Rachel because she's a lot like your mom, but when I told her that I didn't try to come into your life and confuse you but I only wanted to pay for your college and in repay receive some pictures and updates on your life, then Rachel did it gladly." John explains the whole thing but it doesn't change a thing. What he did to my mom is unforgivable and I will never have a relationship to him or call him dad.
"It doesn't explain why Rachel would even consider to sleep with you." I say and look at Rachel.
"We got to know each other better through all the letters during the years and when I told him that I had moved to New York then he asked if he could come and visit." Rachel explains. I can't believe that she can even be attractive to a man who treated her sister like that. How can she even be with a man who was married to her sister? It must be weird to fuck the same dude as your sister. I wonder about one thing; did she stay in contact with John even after I went to college?
"So you stayed in contact with him after I went to college?" I ask her.
"Yes." She says.
"So are you just fucking or is there more to it?" I ask.
"I really like him Amelia." She admits and that's where I hit the breaking point.
"You're fucking sick, you know that?" I ask and I get up from my chair. "Not only are you with a man who your sister was married to but you're also with a man who abused your sister!"
"Amelia.." She tries to speak.
"No fuck you! Fuck you Rachel! The next time you'll see me I'll be here to pack my shit so I can move to Detroit!" I yell at her. I know that I said that I wouldn't move in with Marshall right now but the main reason that I wouldn't do that was Rachel, but she's doing more than fine without me now. I don't have any other choice but than to move to Detroit because I don't know what else to do right now. I don't give Rachel any chance to answer before I'm already out of the house.