Chapter 12 Big time cheater

This chapter contains sexual scenes

The next day

I've spend the whole morning with Rachel where we went out shopping alone, all the anger from yesterday is gone and I've realized that we need each other now more than ever. James has been calling her down the whole night and morning but she hasn't picked it up, I'm really scared to be honest because I know what James is capable of.
I'm actually nervous about seeing Marshall today because I know he's really mad at me and I can't blame him, I would be too. How come my life is so complicated and fucked up again? Lucas called me earlier because apparently James called him, I explained to Lucas what had happened and we agreed on meeting before I leave Detroit.
"I'm leaving now." I tell Rachel as Marshall just texted me that he's outside.
"Good luck." Rachel says and kiss me cheek.
"Thank you." I say and leaves. I head outside and see Marshall's SUV parking outside and I get in.
"Hi." I say in a cheerly voice hoping that will soften him a little bit.
"Hi." He says coldly not even looking at me but he just begins to drive. Damn he's mad.. Should I say something? I don't know what to say when he's like this?
"Me and Rachel talked things out." I say after like 5 minutes of silence.
"Good." He says coldly. I know Marshall when he's like his, he's cold and quiet now and suddenly he explodes so I'm not interested in pushing his buttons right now. No words are spoken on the way to his place and when we get into his house he just head out to the kitchen and I follow him.
"Please talk to me." I say as he takes a beer in the fridge, he opens the beer and turns around and looks at me.
"Is there anymore lies I need to know about?" He asks me with an attitude. I really don't like when he's like this because he really hold his grudge on these kind of things.
"No." I say in a low voice.
"I guess I wouldn't know since I apparently can't trust you." He says angrily sipping on his beer. His words hits so hard and he knows it, I know that what makes him a great rapper because he's so strong in his words.
"Growing up my dad had a drinking problem and he often slapped my mom around, until one day my mom and him got into a serious argument and my mom got in his face and pushed him, so my mom ended up in the hospital because my dad beat her up so bad, when my mom was stabile we moved to New York." I tell him.
"Did he ever hit you?" He asks and I shake my head. I saw the whole thing that night from my bedroom door, he was like a monster and he was out of control. "Why the fuck didn't you tell me Amelia?" He asks.
"Because it's a part of my past that I don't wanna talk about so it's just easier to say that he's dead." I explain and he just nod his head. There's a moment of silence and Marshall just looks down, I know he's angry and disappointed in me and I can't blame him, honesty is one of the most important things so him and since regaining contact he has discovered lie after lie.
"I'm sorry." I say in a low voice and he looks up at me.
"This better be the last fucking lie Amelia so you better tell me right now if there's more." He says.
"There isn't." I say and my voice shakes. I had forgotten all about that lie with my dad so I don't know if there's more lies he doesn't know about. Silence comes over us once again and I don't dare to break it this time, I already said what I needed to say. "Get over here." He then says after what feels forever. I look at him and walk slowly over to him, when I'm close enough for him to reach me he pulls me in for a hug and kisses my forehead, he grabs my head and we're just about to kiss when my phone rings, I look at it and it's Kevin.
"It's Kevin. I need to answer it." I say and push the answer button as I leave the kitchen, I don't think it's a conversation Marshall should hear.

"Hi." I say in my sweet voice.
"Hi baby." He says. "How's it going?"
"Good." I tell him. I haven't told him anything about my plans to go see Rachel and I don't want to explain it all to him now.
"I miss you."
"I miss you too." I say. I feel like such a liar because I haven't really thought of him that much this week, but when I'm talking to him now then I can feel that I miss him.
"I can't wait to get you home so I can spoil you baby." He says and I can't help but giggle. Kevin sure knows how to treat a lady and that's why I love him so damn much. I know when I get home that there's flowers, gifts and my favorite food ready.
"You don't need to spoil me baby, just you being there is enough." I say.
"God I love you. How can you be so perfect?" He asks. My heart sinks because I'm far from fucking perfect, I'm horrible and while he tells me how much he loves me I stand in my ex boyfriend's house.
"If anyone is perfect then it's you." I say. It's true, he's what every woman wants and lately I don't even appreciate it. I then hear his work phone call.
"Sorry baby. I gotta go." He says.
"Okay I love you."
"I love you too." He says and hangs up.