Chapter 84 Wild animal

I just reached 10.000! :) Tell me, which character beside Marshall and Amelia do you like the most?

We arrived in New York last night and now we're on our way over to Rachel. She doesn't know I'm coming and I don't intend to tell her, I actually just hope she isn't home. I just wanna get my things and get on with my life, I don't wanna be bothered with her backstabbing shit.
"Are you at least gonna tryna talk to her without the yelling and shit this time?" Marshall asks in the car. Why would he even ask that? Marshall knows that I don't want any relationship with Rachel after this, so why would he suddenly ask me that question?
"No we have nothing to talk about." I say coldly.
"She's the only family you have back Amelia." Marshall sighs.
"Don't come and talk to me about family Marshall." I say and he knows what I mean. He's not in contact with his mom so him of all people should understand why I'm reacting like this.
"That was a shitty fucking card to play considering you know her and you know how she fucking is." Marshall hisses.
"And you think it's fair what Rachel did?" I ask.
"At least she's trying Amelia, at least she shows you that she loves you." He says.
"If she loved me she wouldn't be with John!" I yell now.
"You don't need to have a relationship with John to have a relationship with Rachel. She's just a fool in love man." He says. I know that Marshall likes Rachel and he cares a lot about her because she's helped him a lot, but I find it unforgivable what she did and I hardly think I'm gonna change my mind.
"Mind your own business." I just say and turn my head away from him.
"You're my fucking business Amelia and this whole Rachel thing is taking hard on you, I can feel that." He says.
"You don't know shit." I say still not bothering to look at him.
"Oh yeah, because I don't know you at all." He says sarcastically.
"Marshall, stop." I warn him because I can feel he's about to reach the limit and therefore I will explode if he does. Luckily Marshall doesn't say more on the way over to Rachel's house, we just sit there in silence which is better than me ticking off about some shit he might say.

We arrive to Rachel's house and unfortunately I see Rachel's car parking outside. I just get out of the car and I walk up to the house not caring if Marshall are with me.
"Amelia, relax." Marshall says behind me as he can probably feel and see how my whole body is tensed. I just ring the doorbell as I don't wanna just walk into the house, I'm not that rude.
Rachel opens the door and she doesn't say anything at first, she just stares at me in surprise and I don't say anything because I refuse to say anything. She looks at Marshall behind me and smile.
"Hi." She says and she looks at me smiling now but I still don't say anything.
"Eh.. Amelia is just here to pick up the rest of her stuff." Marshall says awkwardly.
"Yes, of course." Rachel says and takes a step aside. I walk in and I just walk upstairs and Marshall doesn't follow. I know there's gonna be a truck her in an hour to pick up all my stuff and transport them to Detroit.
20 minutes later Marshall comes up to my room and I don't even bother to look at him. Our talk still irritates me and the fact that he stayed downstairs to talk to Rachel irritates me.
"How's it going?" He asks me.
"Fine." I say coldly. I can hear Marshall's footsteps across the floor and then I feel his arms around my waist and his head on my shoulder. I wanna push him away but I just can't, I love when he does this. I just keep on folding my clothes and lay it in the suitcase.
"John ain't here." Marshall says.
"Like permanent?" I ask in a tone which makes it sound like I don't even care when in reality I do.
"I don't know." He says and brushes his nose against my neck. I don't say anything mostly because I hoped he would say yes. I wanna ask him what him and Rachel have talked about but then it would seem like I care, which I also do but I don't wanna show him that. "Do you need help?"
"Not really." I say honestly because there isn't really anything he can do.
"Don't be angry with me baby." Marshall sighs.
"I'm not." I say and lean my head against his shoulder. "I just need you here, nothing else."
"Alright, I'm here." He says and kisses my neck. There's a moment of silence as I'm just folding my clothes down to my suitcase. "Ain't you curious about what me and Rachel talked about?" He breaks the silence.
"No." I lie.
"Alright." He just says.