Chapter 54 Discovering new things

I wake up by the sound of someone opening the door to the bedroom, I look up and there's Hailie, she usually comes in during the night but she's slept in her bed all night. We've decided that the girls should have a day off from school now that it is their last day today, so I have no idea what time it is as the girls just get to sleep until they wake up.
"Good morning sweetie." I whisper being careful not to wake up Marshall.
"Good morning." She whispers as she gently walks towards the bed. "May I come up in the bed with you?" She asks.
"Of course." I say as I make room for her in the bed still being careful not to wake up Marshall. Hailie lays herself close to me with her back against me and it feels so weird, not in a bad way but it just feels so weird that this is Marshall's little girl. The last couple of days it has really become clear to me that this is real, me and Marshall are reunited and we're a family in some type of way. The girls has become closer to me in a very short time, they're even closer to me now that they know I'm not just a friend, I can feel that they feel comfortable around me. Still it's weird that Marshall is a father and I've become a part of his family, I really need to adjust to it.
"Did you sleep well?" I ask her now.
"I didn't have any nightmares." She says.
"That's good though." I say and she just nods her head. "You know.. I'm having nightmares too sometimes." I say. I know that Hailie really suffers from these nightmares and she doesn't really like to talk about them.
"Really?" She asks as she turns around to look at me. "What are you having nightmares about?"
"All types of things; like being lost or even worse I can dream of really scary things." I say trying not to dig into my really scary nightmares about horror and death.
"What scary things?" Hailie asks.
"Like spiders, I really don't like spiders." I say smiling and she just smiles back but she still doesn't talk about her nightmares. "What are you dreaming about?" I ask her.
"Also scary things." She says and looks down.
"Like what?" I ask her.
"Scary things about mom and dad." She says and my heart literally breaks, because I know how it was having those dreams about my parents when I was a kid.
"Does something happen to them in your dreams sweetie?" I ask her softly as I run my fingers through her hair and she just nods her head. "Just remember that they're just dreams." I say softly.
"Mom once got hurt and ended up in the hospital." She says.
"She did?" I ask her and she nods. "What happened?"
"She cut herself by accident." She says. That can happen and I'm sensing that these dreams isn't just about Kim ending up in the hospital because she accidently cut herself, but I don't wanna push it any further with her now.
"Things like that happens." I say smiling. "Nothing bad is going to happen with neither your mom or dad, they're just bad dreams." I say as I run my fingers through her hair again as she nods her head again.
"Amelia?" She then says.
"Yeah, honey."
"Are you here next time we come and visit daddy?" She asks. God.. That's a tough question to answer!
"I don't know for sure sweetie, I need to go home eventually." I say smiling.
"Why?" She asks.
"Because I have a house and an aunt in New York I need to get home to, plus your daddy needs to work." I say.
"You can stay here while daddy works." She says.
"I can't." I giggle. "That's unfortunately not how it works."
"But I like when you're here." She says making my heart melt.
"And I like to be here but unfortunately I can't be here all the time, I wish I could but that's not an option right now." I explain.
"Even though daddy really really wish she could stay here." Marshall says behind me and throws his arm around my waist. How long has he been awake? 
"My god." I giggle. "Are you awake?"
"Mmh." He mumbles in my ear. "Good morning princess." He says to Hailie.
"Good morning daddy." She says as she crawls over me and lays on top of Marshall making us laugh.
"Hallie." He laugh. "You can just crawl on top of Amelia like that, she'll break." He chuckles and I turn around to look at them. It's a beautiful sight seeing the two of them laying there and cuddle with each other.
"I'm sorry Amelia." She giggles.
"No fuss sweetie, I can take a lot more than daddy thinks. I think he's the one who'll easily break, don't you?" I ask her and she now laughs as she looks at Marshall. "I'm I right?" I ask her and I can feel Marshall staring at me, I know he's gonna make a move if I keep provoking him like this.
"You're very brave right now." Marshall says.
"I think he's a bit of a girl, don't you think Hailie?" I ask her and she gasps while she laughs.
"I'm a girl, huh?" Marshall says as he turns me around on my stomach, he somehow removes Hailie as he forces me to keep down with his other hand and he then sits himself on top of me on my lower back.
"Marshall!" I laugh.
"I dare you to say it again." He says.
"You're a girl." I challenge him and he begins to tickle me.
"Marshall!!" I laugh and he keeps tickling me. "Marshall.. ple... please..!! Stop..!" I laugh as I find it hard to breathe.
"Say sorry." He demands and I hear Hailie laughing hysterically next to us.
"Never!" It comes out more like a scream. He keeps going and I try to get free without any luck, I can barely breath and I know I have to surrender. "I'm.. Marshall!! I'm sorry!!" I scream.
"You're what?" He laughs.
"I'm sorry!" I scream.
"Repeat after me; Marshall is the king." He says.
"No way!" I laugh as I'm still trying to come free but Marshall is too strong.
"Say it." He says as he still doesn't let up on the tickling.
"Marshall is the king!" I scream and he finally stops as he gets off me.
"What isn't it we don't do baby?" Marshall asks Hallie.
"We don't mess with daddy." She laughs.
"Apparently not." I laugh as I turn on my side and look at them. I could stay here forever and look at them, they're so cute and I really love to see this site of Marshall, him as a father is a site I've never seen before and I love it. The door now opens and we all turn our heads to Alaina standing there.
"You're really noisy." Alaina mumbles tired.
"I'm sorry baby but Amelia called me a girl." Marshall says softly and Alaina walks towards the bed.
"What time is it?" Alaina asks as she crawls up in the bed, I take my phone and look at it.
"It's 7:23." I say.
"I'm hungry, oh.. Can we make waffles, please?" Hallie asks us.
"Sure.. Go downstairs then we'll be there in a minute." Marshall says and the girls go downstairs.
"You should be lucky that we have the girls home." Marshall says as he lays himself between my legs and kisses my neck.
"Why?" I giggle.
"I wouldn't have been that nice with you for calling me girl if the girls weren't home." He says seductively in my ear.
"I guess I'm lucky then." I say and meet his lips. Have you ever been so in love that you don't know how to make all those feelings fit into your body? It's like I can feel those tickling feeling all the way out to my fingertips and they're just screaming to come out. It's weird and I find it so hard to describe, but I'm just so in love and it gets worse each day.

Marshall walks into Whitney's room so she can come with us downstairs. Hailie, Alaina, Marshall and me help each other with the breakfast and all, it's so nice to have this time with them today.

Later

I suddenly receive a text from Lucas during the day.

Lucas (2:44PM)
I've heard you've been in Detroit for the past almost two weeks. Thanks for stopping by!

What a fucking bitch he is? Like I have to stop by every time I'm in Detroit? How dares he to write that shit to me? I've spend time with Marshall and his kids so I haven't had that much time, besides he's surely way to busy with Tasha and after what I discovered after I talked with Tasha last time, then I need to be prepared for that talk with her and that's not where my focus has been this time.

"Who's texting you?" Marshall asks next to me on the couch.
"Lucas." I say as I show him the text.
"What's his problem?" He asks.
"I don't know." I sigh as I begin to answer him.

Reply to Lucas (2:51PM)
For your information then I haven't had the time because I've spend time with Marshall AND his kids the time I've been here. Why are you fronting me? I've visited you the last 2 times I've been here so drop the bullshit.

I allow Marshall to read it before I send it and he just nods his head, as he can't say much with the girls being here.

Lucas (2:55PM)
So you haven't had the time to pull out a few hours from the day to visit your brother? I thought we were closer then that.

Says the one who hid for me that he was dating my ex best friend and who hid the whole truth about why we weren't friends anymore? My god! He makes me so angry!

Reply to Lucas (2:58PM)
I think you should be the last one to talk after the trick you pulled on me with Tasha

Lucas (3:02PM)
Stop by before you go home if you feel like it

Well I certainly don't feel like it after that shit..

Later

The girls are up in their room playing and me and Marshall just cuddle on the couch.
"I heard you and Hailie's little talk this morning." Marshall then says.
"Which part?" I ask him softly.
"That one about her nightmares." He says.
"I'm sorry if I was too pushy, I just.." I say as I get nervous about  the fact if he think I stepped over the line by talking about things with her that I shouldn't.
"No baby, it's fine." He cuts me off. "I just wanna explain something to you."
"Oh okay." I say.
"Remember Hallie said that thing about that Kim was in the hospital?" He asks.
"Yeah she accidently cut herself." I repeat what Hallie told me.
"Not quite." Marshall sighs. " Kim actually tried to commit suicide." He says making me drop my jaw. Kim tried to commit suicide? I can't believe it! Why would she do that?! "That's where Hailie's nightmare started." Marshall then adds.
"But.. Why? I mean.. Why would she try to commit suicide?" I ask him.
"I've wrote a lot of awful songs about her and it apparently got to her." Marshall sighs. I look at him, I don't know what to say. He drove Kim to suicide, I don't know what to say about that other than it scares the shit out of me. I know how much it hurt when he said those things about me in that interview, I could only imagine how it would feel if he made a song about me in anger. "What are you thinking?" He asks me when I don't say anything.
"I.. I don't know." I stutter.
"Be honest with me baby." He sighs.
"It scares me." I say avoiding his eyes. "It scares me that you drove her to suicide by exposing her in your songs." I say.
"And now you're afraid that I'm gonna do it to you?" He asks. Of course I am! Why wouldn't he? He already exposed me in an interview.
"Well yeah." I say looking at him. "You already exposed me in an interview."
"Baby I've learned from my mistakes. Besides I would never do anything to hurt you like that again, alright? I know I'm gonna lose you if I ever do something like that again." He says and he's right. I would never stay if he ever humiliated me like that again.
"Damn right  you are." I say.
"And I know that." He says brushing his lips against mine. "You make me wanna become a better person baby, I really fucking love you and I won't do anything to hurt you like that." He says before he kisses me. I know that Kim cheated on Marshall and she did a lot of things to piss him off but that still doesn't justify it, but I know that I would never make him so angry because I would never cheat on him or anything like that.