Chapter 62 Move in with me

I've been laying in the hospital for 3 days now and Marshall has been staying with as he can't leave the state before the trial is over. It's been so nice to have him staying here with me, I don't know what I would do without him. I've talked to Rachel and she was so heartbroken when I talked to her, she blames herself which just breaks my heart because this isn't her fault at all. Lucas, Tasha and Deshaun have stopped by to check up on me and I really appreciate to have people around me that I love.
"Damn the shit is all over the news." Marshall sighs as he looks at the paper. I don't wanna read any of it as I'm not ready to face what they might write about the case, I'm not strong enough to handle the medias lies or twisted stories about my situation or life for that matter.
"Why don't you cuddle with me instead of reading that bullshit?" I ask which makes him look at me smiling.
"Someone is moody." He chuckles.
"No I just hate the fact that the medias constantly have to stick their noses into my life." I sigh.
"Welcome to my life." He says as he gets into the bed.
"I know that you're used to it but I'm not." I sigh and Marshall just pulls me against him so I can lay my head on his chest.
"You'll get used to it baby." He says and kisses the top of my head.
"I know you say that." I say and there's a some few minutes of silence.
"You know that you have to move in with me, right?" He asks and I can feel my heart skip a beat. He wants me to move in with him? I can't move in with him already! What is he thinking? We just started dating a few months ago and then he wants me to move in with him? Is he insane? I can't just leave New York to go back to a place where I just got another bad memory, I can't move from a city where I have everything to move to a city where I have nothing, not to talk about that I just can't leave Rachel. Marshall travels a lot so what am I suppose to do while he's working?
"Did you just ask me to move in with you?" I ask him.
"No it's how it's gonna be." He says.
"Yeah eventually." I say. I wanna move together eventually but not right now.
"No like in next time you visit New York then it's to pack your things and move to Detroit." He says which now makes me look at him. He can't just be the boss of that, who does he think he is?
"No I can't do that Marshall." I say honestly.
"Why not?" He asks confused.
"Because I live in New York with Rachel." I remind him.
"Yeah but I want you close Amelia. I don't want bad things like this to ever happen to you again." He states.
"This happened even though I was close to you." I say and frown my brows at him.
"Yeah and guess what would have happened if this happened in New York?" I can hear the anger and frustration in his tone.
"It wouldn't have happened in New York." I say. Only bad things happens in this fucked up city, it's this damn city which is one of the reasons why I can't move here.
"If anything bad happens with you in New York then I won't be able to help you Amelia." He says.
"And you think you're able to watch me when you're on tour or when you're working in New York or LA?" I ask. "Marshall bad things can happen to me everywhere and you won't always be able to protect me, but I wanna live in a city where I feel comfortable and I don't do that in Detroit right now."
"Do you even wanna be with me? I mean.. Sometimes it feels like you're not interested in moving forward in this relationship at all." He says. How can he ask that? I cancelled my wedding because I'm in love with him! I swear, I can't have him doubting me like that because it'll destroy our relationship.
"How can you say that?" I frown my brows at him.
"Because I'm the one who have to take the steps in this relationship and you're never willing to take the steps with me." He says.
"Or maybe you're being too pushy Marshall? We have been together for 3 months and now you want me to give up my life and move in with you. Why can't you see that's not an option right now?" I ask.
"Why is that not an option exactly?" He asks me.
"My life is in New York. I can't leave Rachel behind, my friends are there and this city scares the shit out of me because bad things always happens to me here."
"Whatever." He just sighs as he lays his hands over his head like he's trying to avoid to touch me.
"I can't have you doubting me all the time like that Marshall." I say.
"Sometimes it just feels like that you don't want this at all." He says coldly.
"You know what Marshall? I don't need this right now." I say and remove myself from his chest. "Just go." Marshall looks at me confused as he doesn't believe that I'm serious, but I am very much serious because I'm tired of him being like that lately.
"You want me to leave?" He asks me confused.
"Yes, I want you to leave." I say and I don't even bother to look at him.
"Baby.."
"Don't you fucking baby me now." I cut him off and I look at him with a look which just shows how angry I am with him now. He's known me for 10 years so he knows very well that he shouldn't push me like this, he knows that I need to take small steps. "I don't wanna be with someone who doubts me."
"So now you're breaking up with me?" He asks me.
"It depends if you're willing to drop that bullshit." I say.
"I just want you close Amelia, am I not allowed to want my girlfriend close?!" He now raises his voice at me and now I just want him out of the bed, so I begin to push him even though it hurts like hell.
"Get away from me." I say as I whimper in pain.
"Are you totally fucked up on that medication or what? Because you're acting fucking crazy!" He says as he gets out of bed.
"Why can't things just stay as they are Marshall?" I now cry. "Why do you have to ruin it?!"
"Ruin it? How the fuck can I ruin it?!" He asks and I can see him getting really angry.
"You're moving so fast and you get so angry when I'm not willing to follow your lead! I like it as it is now, why change it?" I cry. This reminds me of when we were younger and he started out saying that he wanted to take it slow and then suddenly he said he loved me and shit, it's like that all over again and it didn't end too well last time.
"Would it kill you to sacrifice something in a relationship?!" He asks. Does he really say that I haven't sacrificed anything? I've sacrificed everything for him.
"Fuck you Marshall." I say.
"Oh did I hit a spot Amelia?" He provokes me.
"No Marshall you're an absolute blind idiot, I've sacrificed everything for you, you fucking piece of shit! How dare you to say that I haven't?!" I scream at him now as I cry because of the pain, it hurts even more now in my ribs because I use so much energy on yelling at him.
"Amelia you need to calm down man.."
"Get the fuck out Marshall." I cry as I turn my head away from him.
"Me leaving doesn't solve anything." He says.
"I don't care, just leave." I say still not looking at him.
"I have two court cases hanging over my head because I protected you and now you don't give a fuck if we solve this shit or not?" He asks and I can't believe that he just used that against me. I don't have anymore energy left to fight with him, I just want him to leave right now so I don't answer him as I hope the silence will make him leave. "Amelia?" He says when I don't answer him. I still have my face turned away from him and I don't wish to look at him right now. "Can we just talk about this? I'm sorry I raised my voice at you." He now tries to apologize but I don't care about the fact that he yelled at me anymore, I care about the fact that he blamed me for the court cases. "Will you please talk to me?" He asks me again after another moment of silence but when I don't answer that question either, I then hear the chair hit the wall and shortly after I hear him leave the room.

I've almost reached 6K and I wanna thank you once again for reading my book guys :)
I have so many plans and ideas for this story but I just don't know how to connect them all together, if you know what I mean? I also feel that this story has to come to an end really soon because my plan has always been to make 3 books out of this one, but maybe I should make 4 to avoid to make this book too long? I had a plan that these 3 books should include 3 states and it'll totally ruin my plan if a make a 4th book because then the 2nd state would be spread over two books. Do you see the problem or am I just being silly? 😁😂
By the way if there's a lot of misspellings and grammar mistakes then it's because I'm sick so my brain is out of order 😉