Chapter 4 Pushing each others buttons

Monday

It's late afternoon and Kevin calls me.

"Hello." I say.
"Hi baby, I need you at the club tonight." He says. I usually don't work on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays so I really don't wanna work.
"Why?"
"Well.. D12 decided to book the VIP again, I guess they really liked our club."
"Okay." I sigh. "Have you called Melissa?"
"Yes and she's gonna serve with you tonight."
"Good. What time should I be there?"
"At 10."
"Okay see you later."
"Bye baby." He says and hangs up.

I can't believe that they booked the VIP lounge again, I just know that this is one of Marshall desperate ways of get in contact with me on!

I show up at work and I meet Kevin in the hallway and he kisses me.
"I'm gonna head home baby." He says.
"What? Aren't you staying?" I ask him confused. I thought he was gonna be downstairs the whole night.
"No I have some paper work at home I need to get done." He says. Great.. I like when Kevin is downstairs because if something causes troubles downstairs or they need some kind of help then he can just help them, if everything happens tonight then I have to be available. Great job Kevin!
"Well okay, see you later." I sigh and kiss him before he leaves. I go in a meet Melissa and she's about to get ready for tonight, she looks really good in our work outfit. I don't get how that girl can still be single, she has blond long hair, a killer body and then she's just really beautiful.
"Kind of a coincidence that they're showing up again." Melissa says with a bit of a sarcastic tone.
"That's not a coincidence that's Marshall's way of pushing my buttons." I say annoyed.
"I know honey." She says with a smile showing me that she knows it ain't my fault.

The boys arrives in a really good mood and with some friends along with them and of course some groupies. Marshall doesn't say hi or anything which I find pretty weird, I know he may be angry about the fact that I haven't showed up at the studio today, but he booked the VIP at my club tonight so what's his deal?

Later I go out in the back to get some alcohol and someone grabs my waist, I know it ain't Melissa because she had to go downstairs and get some ice from the bar, so I look down and I already know it's Marshall mostly because I can see it his hands but I haven't forgot how they feels either, it feels like my heart stops beating.
"You didn't show up today." He says in my ear. I have my back against his chest but all I can feel is his hands around my waist, his touch.
"No." I just say.
"Are you gonna stop by tomorrow?" He asks.
"No." I say and turn around to look at him, he doesn't let go of my waist though.
"No?" He repeats my words.
"I can't do it to Kevin." I tell him.
"You can't do it to Kevin? What about us, huh? We stood by your fucking site, we were helping your ass from bouncing." He reminds me and I can hear the anger in his voice.
"I know Marshall but I'm not gonna risk my marriage over you." I say.
"Over me?" He asks with frowned brows.
"Yes. We can't just be friends!" I tell him and my voice cracks.
"No you can't just be friends with me." He says.
"What are you talking about?! It was you who pressed me up against the wall at my office a few days ago, it's you who's wrapping your arms around my waist right now! I'm not 18 anymore Marshall, I can't do this okay?!" I raise my voice at him.
"I told you yesterday that I'm not gonna do anything you don't want me to do!" He says.
"What is it you want from me Marshall?! Seriously!" I ask him with frustration written all over my face.
"I've fucking missed you like crazy! You know.. we used to talk about everything man, things I couldn't talk to anybody else about, I fucking miss that." He tells me and my heart breaks a little. Marshall used to talk to me about everything, things he couldn't even share with Deshaun.
"I miss that too but Marshall.. I'm getting married." I sigh.
"Why do you keep saying that like that's a good enough reason? I don't care about your fucking fiancé! You are allowed to have male friends aren't you?" He asks me and I know he's about to explode. I know he's drunk and on something which makes his temper rise easily.
"Yes but it's just weird to hang out with your ex boyfriend."
"You said he doesn't know."
"Yeah but if I tell him that I hang out with you because you're an old friend from Detroit, don't you then think he will put the pieces together? Because I told him that my ex boyfriend's name was Marshall." I explain him.
"So you told him about me?" He asks me curious.
"Yeah but I haven't told him who you are."
"So what did you tell him about me?" He asks me smiling. That man is changing mood like crazy!
"Why does that matter?" I ask him. I know he's fishing for something which can confirm him in whether or not I still feel something for him.
"Because you were talking about me, so come on.. what did you tell him?" He asks me still smiling.
"I just told him that you were my first love and leaving you like that was the hardest thing I ever had to do and that I missed you." I tell looking him into the eyes and we're standing instantly close but right now I don't mind, in fact I like it.
"You never thought about calling me?" He asks me softly.
"Of course, but I knew you would be to angry with me and then I heard that you found back together with Kim and you became a father." I tell him. I swear that our faces are only inches from each other.
"You know you could have called me." He almost whispers.
"It would only have made it harder for the both of us." I say. I needed to get him out of my life completely or else I wouldn't have moved on, it was hard but it needed to be done.
"No what was hard was not knowing where the fuck you were or if you were okay." He says with a bit of anger in his voice. I can't imagine what he had to go through, I know I felt terrible but at least I was prepared, he wasn't.
"I don't know what to tell you else than I'm sorry. I thought I did the right thing." I tell him.
"But you didn't. I was so fucking depressed when you left me." He tells me. I was too..
"I was depressed too. I was in the bed crying all the time when I wasn't in school. I didn't go out having fun because the thought about meeting a new guy was to much for me." I tell him. It's true, It was how I felt the first year of college.
"Really?"
"Yes." I whisper and I can feel my eyes get watery. "I'm truly sorry Marshall." I say and my voice shakes.
"I know." He says and hugs me and I begin to cry into his chest, not because of my emotions but because I now know how much I've hurt him, fuck I've been a fucking bitch. Besides it has been killing me inside how angry he has been since the first night. "Fuck..I'm sorry I've been so hard on you man." He whispers.
"I deserved it." I say now meeting his eyes.
"No you never deserved to be treated like shit like I sometimes did when we were younger. You deserve to be treated like the princess you are Amelia." He tells me and my heart skips a beat, he's so sweet.
"You never treated me like shit Marshall."
"Are you kidding me? When we argued, the things I said to you.. and remember how I was acting like a bitch because I told you I loved you, but you weren't ready to say those words, so I just went out and fucked Kim. How could someone like you be with an ass like me?" He asks me. Wow.. Is this the same Marshall that I used to date? The younger Marshall would never say those things, the old Marshall hated to admit when he was wrong.
"We were young, we did stupid things." I say with a smile. "Like I flirted with that guy at New Years Eve just to get back at you and we both got arrested." I remind him.
"I remember that." He chuckles. Marshall still has his hands around my waist and I don't do anything to stop him, in fact I put my hand on his cheek and run my fingers down his cheek to his neck slowly.
"You've changed a lot." I say.
"What do you mean?" He asks me.
"You would never have admitted those things when we were younger."
"Don't get use to it." He chuckles. "I'm still an asshole."
"I don't doubt that." I giggle.
"Be careful what you say." He says with a smirk on his face.
"Or else?" I challenge him.
"Are you challenging me now?" He asks me lifting his right eyebrow, he's so fucking sexy.
"Maybe." I say smiling.
"I dare you." He says and I just smile. "Please stop by the studio tomorrow." He says.
"Marshall.." I try but he cuts me off.
"Please Amelia." He begs.
"Only if you do me a big favor." I demand and he gives me a questionable look.
"What?"
"You have to rent the VIP  lounge at my club in Detroit." I say because I suddenly remember the lie I told Kevin.
"Why would I do that?" He asks.
"Because the day Kevin walked in on us then I told him that you were there because you wanted to rent the VIP lounge at the club in Detroit." I explain and Marshall sighs deeply.
"You couldn't have come up with a better lie? I mean.. when I'm home in Detroit I'd like to spend time with my fucking daughter." He says with an irritated tone.
"I had to tell him something." I say with an apologetic look.
"Are you gonna stop by tomorrow then?" He asks me and I smile because I know he's gonna do it now.
"Yes if you call Kevin and arrange something with him."
"Why can't I call you?" He asks.
"Because if you wanna book something you have to call him."
"Fine." He surrenders. "You are a difficult bitch to do business with."
"You haven't seen nothing yet." I laugh. He really hasn't because I'm a hardcore business woman when I want to close a deal.
"I like it.. I mean.. it's kind of a big turn on when a bitch has her own success." He says and I know he's flirting with me now.
"Marshall." I say to set my food down.
"Sorry, woman." He corrects the word bitch. Not what I meant dummy.
"Not that. Stop flirting with me." I demand.
"I'm not!" He laughs. Bullshit.. I know Marshall when he's flirting like hallo he used to do it with me all the time!
"'It's kind of a big turn on when a woman has her own success'" I quote what he just said.
"I was just making a point. We can't talk about what we like?" He asks.
"You're referring that I turn you on." I say.
"Wow aren't you big headed?" He laughs. Omg can't he take this fucking serious?!
"Marshall I'm serious." I say in a harsh tone.
"Well it ain't a secret that you turn me on." He says and I can feel that he nuzzles my back. Omg if someone sees us like this then it would look really really wrong, what the fuck are you doing Amelia?! I break free from his touches and take a step back.
"This is what I was talking about, this is why we can't see each other." I tell him. He's fucking sneaky! One minute we're just talking and the next minute I let him do things I normally wouldn't let other men do not even my closes friends, I feel like I'm cheating already.
"Aright! I'm gonna stop." He promises me.
"Thank you." I say.
"I better get back to the party." He says.
"Yeah do that." I say and he leaves. What the fuck just happened? About 10 minutes later Melissa comes back and I tell her about what just happened between me and Marshall. It's nice that Melissa is just listening and not judging my actions.