Chapter 71 Kim

I leave the court room with my miss Taylor's assistants Annie as miss Taylor has to stay in the court room. As soon as the doors closes behind us I attack the wall in the hallway, I kick and hit the wall and I don't even feel the pain. I'm so angry and I just need to get it out somehow and this is my solution. How can his fucking lawyer sleep at night or even look himself in the mirror when he treats people like he treated me in there? How could he talk to me like that? The worse thing is that I feel disgusting, I feel so disgusting for sitting in there and expose myself like that, I feel so disgusting because I don't know if people believe me now. What if people really think that Marshall did all this because people know how jealous he is? What was is about Marshall and his past relationship? Did he ever hit Kim? I can't even ask Marshall because I don't think he'll admit it if he had.
"Amelia!" Annie now pulls me back. I know that she's tried to make me stop hitting and kicking the wall for the last two minutes now.
"Was that shit even allowed in there?!" I yell at her now.
"Unfortunately it is but he only did it because he doesn't have any other card to play." She says.
"People know that Marshall is jealous so what if the jury believe in James' story?!" I still can't keep my voice down.
"Amelia.. They won't.. They all know that James did this. The officer who arrested James, Marshall and Deshaun is gonna testify against James in there, they all know who's the bad guy in there." She tries to comfort me. I know that Jake is gonna testify against James but right now I just believe that the worse thing is gonna happen.
"That lawyer made me sound like a dirty whore in there." I now cry. I can't hold it back anymore, I know that I promised myself not to cry but I just can't hold it back anymore.
"That lawyer is a bad lawyer." She says. Those words about Marshall is playing on repeat in my mind so I can't hold the question back anymore.
"Why did he say that thing about Marshall's past relationship? I mean.. Did he abuse Kim or something?" I ask her now.
"I'm not allowed to discuss things like that with you." She tries to get out of this one but I know that she knows something.
"No but I know that you know something." I say and I get a bad feeling in my stomach because she didn't just say that it was all a lie.
"You should really discuss that with Marshall, Amelia." She says. Oh god.. This is bad..
"You just answered my question." I sigh. He's done something to Kim and I don't know if I can be with a man who's done that. Annie doesn't say anything because what is there to say? I'm standing in shit and beside that I just found out that my boyfriend has a really bad side.
"Do you want me to drive you home?" She asks after a moment of silence. I don't have the password for the gates or anything but I just wanna get out of here.
"Yes." I sigh and look down at my hands, they're bleeding from the contact they made with the wall a few minutes ago. We walk out to Annie's car and there's complete silence for a few minutes in the car before she then breaks the silence.
"I know that it was very uncomfortable for you in that court room but you really did good." She says.
"Thank you." I mumble. Great to know that you did good in a court case where you're a victim of abuse, that's exactly what I wanna be good at. Annie drives me home and I just sit down on the grass in front of the gates. It's cold because we're in the month of February but I don't care, everything is better than the court room.
I sit there for probably an hour when a car suddenly stops, the window rolls down and I see Kim.
"Shouldn't you be in court?" She asks me.
"I left the court room after I testified." I tell her.
"Does Marshall know that you're here?" She asks me.
"No." I say.
"Why are you sitting here? Don't you have keys for his house?" She asks. Does she really already think that I have a spare key?
"No I don't." I tell her.
"You can't just sit here Amelia." She sighs. "Get in." I really don't want to and it has nothing to do with Kim but I just need to be alone.
"Thank you but I actually just wanna sit here." I say politely.
"I don't wanna argue about this with you, so will you please just get in?" She asks. I know that she doesn't like me and it's hard enough for her to have to pick me up. I get up and get into her car, it's actually a very expensive car so it must be a car that Marshall has paid for. "How did it go?" She asks me as she begins to drive.
"James tries to convince the jury that I wanted to have sex with him and that Marshall came in and caught us and that he beat me up and threatened James with a gun." I tell her.
"Wow.." She says surprised. "That's just fucked up."
"Tell me about it." I sigh and there's silence for a couple of minutes. I keep thinking about what mr. Jackson said about Marshall and his past relationship. "Kim.. Has Marshall ever hit you?"
"Why would you ask me that?" She frowns and she looks shortly at me before she returns her eyes to the road.
"James' lawyer just said something. Is it true?" I ask.
"Once, but I cheated on him so I guess that justifies it." She says. It feels like my heart skips some beats. I can't believe that Marshall would ever lay a hand on a woman and even his baby's momma.. I don't know how to feel about this. "What has happen with your hands?"
"A wall became my punching ball." I just say and I look out the window. It's so weird to sit in the same car with Kim and she must really feel sorry for me since she picked me up. That's what I don't want, I don't want people to feel sorry for me.
"Maybe you should get it checked." She says.
"I'm fine." I just say and I look at her now. "Why did you pick me up Kim? You hate me." She looks shortly at me before she returns her eyes to the road.
"I'm not gonna let someone sit outside for hours in the month of February no matter how much I hate them." She says. "I am a human Amelia, believe it or not."
"Well.. Thank you." I say.
"You're welcome." She says and there's again a moment of silence. "How is it going between you and Marshall? I mean.. It can't have been easy with what you're going through."
"I think Marshall is the one who's getting the hardest. I haven't been easy to be around lately." I say. I don't want to tell her how much we've fight, I don't wanna give her that satisfaction.
"Good to know that he's grown some patient." She says. We arrive to her house and we get inside, she asks me to sit on the couch while she gets something to drink.
"Can I ask you something?" I ask her when she comes back.
"Sure." She says.
"What do you think about Sharonda?" I ask. She looks at me suspicious.
"You don't get along with her, huh?" She smirks. I can't figure out if it's because she enjoys it or if it's because she feels me.
"Not at all. She talked shit about me before she even met me." I tell her.
"I was getting along with Sharonda just fine when me and Marshall were married but when we got divorced then she was a total bitch. Marshall was really good at playing me out as the bad guy so that's probably why she hates me." Kim explains. I kinda recognize it from my own situation. Marshall also talked shit about me and played me out to be the bad guy which resulted in Sharonda talking shit about me.
"We were over at their house one day and we were suppose to eat dinner together but I was only there for like 10 minutes before I left, because me and Sharonda got into an argument." I say which makes Kim giggle.
"It's a good thing that you dare to talk back to her or else she'll constantly be at your throat." Kim says.
"Didn't you talk back to her?" I ask.
"Not while me and Marshall were married because I knew he would get angry." She says. It's funny how Marshall didn't get angry at me for what happened that night then.
"It's just difficult because Deshaun is one of my best friends but I can't get along with his wife." I say.
"Amelia, that's not gonna be your biggest problem with being in a relationship with Marshall, trust me." She says.
"What do you mean?" I ask. I know that it's not gonna be easy but I wanna hear what she has to say, after all she was married with him.
"His work and his life is gonna bother you, it's gonna bother you that he's not always there when you need him. It's gonna bother you that you can't go for a walk in the park because he simply can't do that. It's gonna bother you that you don't know what happens on the road. You're gonna read so much shit in the magazines about him and other girls and he's gonna say that it isn't true but deep down you're gonna have your doubts no matter what." She says and continues. "I love Marshall but I've never felt more alone from the time he blew up. It's weird that you can feel so alone even though you're married to someone and I think that's what made me cheat. He didn't have time for me not even when he was home. When he was home he either worked or spend time with the kids which was a good thing but I needed him too."
"I know that he wants to be a different man." I say. I know that he won't treat me the way he treated Kim. I think we're better at solving the problems than he and Kim were.
"I hope for your sake." She says. I don't understand why she wants him back if he was as awful to her as she says. Why would she be in a relationship with a man when she knows she's gonna feel lonely?
"Why do you want him back if you had such a difunctional relationship?" I ask her.
"Who ever said that I wanted him back?" She frowns.
"It's obvious that you still love him and you've been so pissed since me and Marshall reunited." I point out.
"Of course I have because we never got along and there's nothing worse than to see your ex get together with a woman that you hate. Yes I still love Marshall but I don't wanna go back there, it's not healthy for any of us." She explains. I actually don't believe her, I believe that she wants him back but she'll never admit it. I just nod and I don't say anything. "Have you texted Marshall that you're here?"
"No I don't have a phone." I say.
"You don't have a phone?" She's questioning.
"James took it the day he kidnapped me." I tell her.
"Why haven't Marshall bought you a new one?"
"Because I won't let him." I say. I still don't want Marshall to pay me anything.
"Well I'm just gonna text Marshall that you're here then." She says and grabs her phone.