Chapter 90

Will you go with me?!

Chandler and I together in this one building, our intentions some so obvious to possibly the world that it's like a target on the side of skyscraper, my convictions sturdy and my mind made up.

Will you go with me?

Even if I said that...

"And how will you be paying for the room? Cash or card?" This peppy young woman in a formal outfit and red lipstick smiles while the both of us, Chan and I, crimson faced and barely able to look at each other dripping wet on this nice floor and empty lobby.

I didn't expect us to be like a newlywed couple, anxious and eager to see our rooms and be cuddling all over each other, but even he's off! There's at least half a foot between us!

I'm so embarrassed, and nervous as heIl to be frank.

I wonder what he's thinking.

So much for being a grown woman, aha. This was even my idea.

"Card." Chan pulls out his wallet when I remember I don't even have my cell phone with me. I left it with mom and dad along with most of my other belongings. The only things I own are the clothes I'm wearing.

"It really started to come down didn't it?" The receptionist holds Chandler's debit card which probably could cover one room plus 3 more for a whole week and waits for her computer to tell her some information before looking back to us. "Ok, how many rooms?"

Kill me.

"One." Chandler takes care of the question rather seriously which is only intimidating the sh1t out of me; he's always had that knack.

"Just you two?"

"Mm." Chan nods.

"How many beds?"

Save me. This is unbelievable, is it because this is the first time I'm doing something like this? Is that why Chandler seems basically cool?

That first real date we had, he was honest concerning his sexual exploits. He probably has done something like this before.

"Ma'am?"

"Huh?" I come back to the conversation and realize Chandler left the question for me to address which makes me feel like he's giving me another chance to turn this entire evening into a different scenario. He's not looking at me either. "One." I try as hard as possible to sound normal.

"What size?"

"Largest available." Chandler hurries this up with his demeanor a little shaky.

Largest available?

"Smoking or non-smoking? And would you like a suite?"

"Non-smoking and yes please. And we'll just be here one night." I watch my 16 year old boyfriend behave like a total adult which isn't something that should surprise me very much.

He's lived in Vegas for ages and has done things that have never happened in a place like Vernon Oaks. I'm not very taken off guard by it anymore, I'm just constantly admiring how put together he is about things like this.