Chapter 34

"What're you smiling about?" Dad's knuckle sways over my cheek when I finish typing up my essay, the only homework left to do being some math but I'm too giddy at the idea of loving that idiot I call my boyfriend to think about finishing tonight. "Something good must've happened."

"Well, sort of." Somewhat confusing mostly.

"Anything to do with mom and what you and I talked about?"

"No." I scoff. "That's still top secret." I hold up with my laptop before leaning on the table. "She really liked Josh. He wanted to be a doctor too."

"Personally I think two doctors in one household is a little boring. I think this just goes to show we all have some growing up to do. The second you think your life is set, that's when it'll surprise you. Mom's learned that with herself but uh, not with you yet."

"Do you think it would've been any different if I wasn't an only child?" I look back at him while he finishes a model design for work, his glasses lowered to the edge of his nose when his eyes flash over to mine really quick, most likely to make sure I'm not asking in sadness.

Concerning a sibling, I've never really longed for one.

There was always Logan as an older brother, but then Chandler for a younger, and in between I had Reen, among a few others. I was never really lonely.

"I don't know sweet heart. Being an only child comes with pros and cons but same goes for being a sibling. Everything comes with a prize and price. Lesson 112 for this week."

"Thanks." I push his knee and go back to scribbling down some notes just when that surge of guilt ferments around my brain and oozes the thoughts forward of how rotten a daughter I am, somewhat fvcking sh1tty, since I'm relying on him in one case and going behind his back in another.

I'm keeping a secret with him from mom and keeping a secret from him with mom.

Crossed wires and I know I'm going to get electrocuted one way or another unless I take the same approach with mom about the training lessons and direct it towards dad with Chandler.

Oh fvck.

I feel like I'm going to get sore from smiling at just the mental sound of his name.

Chandler, that strange boy who took my heart, attached a string and made a balloon inside me so I could float up to cloud nine.

I like how honest I can be with him, even if it feels strange.

He made me feel strange plenty today.

Gosh, we two are just a ridiculous couple that just doesn't seem to know better.

I got my legs frozen today for him, we got pretty steamy in my car in an I-Hop parking lot, we publically made out in a flea market, came back and took a shower together before he and I did some sexual things before I flipped out at him pretending to jump out of a car in order to die for me.

Those are just the main points and it's not even the weirdest time I've spent with him.

Mm. So weird.

Makes me wonder about Chandler though. Him being crazy or mentally ill. Maybe just emotionally unstable.

I'm so confused and I want to ask dad, it's really tempting right now actually but, what would dad say and how would he act? He doesn't seem to even like Chan being here in the first place and mom just doesn't want me relating the two issues.