Chapter 65

"Sage, what are you doing up already?" Mom wipes at her shut eye to get a better look at me musing around in the kitchen, my mood at 100% rejuvenated after a good meal, good sleep and a healthy breakfast that filled me up pretty well. "Are you wearing my apron?"

"Juuuust borrowing it really quick."

"Oh, sure, that's ok. Are you baking something?" She sniffs when I start to put up some ingredients but bring out others to measure and mix in one of our batter bowls. "It smells good."

"Is that Spice Cake?" Dad comes around the corner adjusting his tie before I prepare myself for whatever it is their going to say about me baking a birthday cake for Chandler.

I remembered it was his favorite a few days ago and made it my mission to deliver a glorious home made Spice Cake even if it killed me! I'm glad I remembered to do it now and let it sit in the refrigerator due to the directions for a little bit.

"I'm on the icing right now." I delicately walk on the subject.

"Oh yeah. It's Chandler's birthday today isn't it?" Mom recalls when I freeze up after going to wash a few dishes in the sink.

Of course she'd just come out and say that, wouldn't she?

"Is that so?" Dad nearly grumbles before going towards the fridge to fish out some of his juice. "I'll probably be home late today ok?"

"Me too." I inform mom, the both of them in fact, and can totally feel their glances at each other before dad leaves to get his jacket and brief case like usual prior to heading out, though this time we won't be saying a friendly goodbye despite what I remember from last night.

"Try to clean up ok?"

"Yup. Don't worry." I shoo away mom's instructions since I don't feel like wasting time on not being allowed to go out with Chandler. I'm surprised dad's given up so easily. Then again, he usually moves to the side when he knows a decision is a decision.

This time I'm not sure what that means. I don't normally make these sorts of decisions.

Regardless of all this drama, I'm actually close to busting with joy because it's finally Wednesday!

Chandler is 16 today!

I have an itinerary mapped out and I hope he'll be cool enough to hear me speak because I damm well mean to enlighten him, not explain myself, on why what happened, happened and make him celebrate like he's in a good mood!

After working long hours and getting sore from all that manual labor, I added to my 200 dollars already saved, and bumped it up to 352. With the things I got for Chandler's birthday, I spent 158 of that, so I'm down to 194.

Still plenty to play around with.

I am invisible today!

Nothing will stop me!

Nothing!!

"Aha!"

Uuunnnless Chandler refuses to talk to me.

Then I've got a problem.

He is after all, a challenge.

__________________