Chapter 85

"Mmmm!!" I stretch while waiting on a bench in the mall, my hands scuffling through my short hair after the hoody falls off; now I'm checking the time.

4:12. Little less than an hour then.

All we're gonna do is catch up, probably look through some of the latest trends, I'll probably end up buying the newest edition of a few magazine issues, but maybe this wasn't a good idea?

Trey seemed pretty intense on the other end like I was Liam Neeson telling him I'd find him or something, I don't doubt he'll show up so-oh. A girl's checking me out.

Nope.

2, 3-5?

5 girls?

Well sorry ladies, even if I wasn't already hooked on a woman, I don't do the several b1tches thing. And I doubt you'd be cool with just letting one win.

So-ah! Wait, is that him?

Dark short hair, gangly build, maybe a bit taller, doesn't have a clue.

"Trey!" I lift up my hand before my legs amount and stand straight in these combat boots, military navy green cargo pants, simple black shirt and dark unzipped hoodie that is beyond comfortable. Second I put it on I started thinking about Sage seeing me in it. Now, now, Chandler, let's not do this?

I don't wanna cry in the middle of a shopping center.

"Chandler!?" Trey slaps the sides of his jeans and does a little movement with his hands prior to running over and...

Wait, is he gonna hug me? Sure looks like it.

"Trey wai-"

"Brothah from another mothaaahhh!!" My slim but toned body is wrapped up in his two arms before I'm squeezed and pulled off the ground trying to get some air back in me but dammit he's actually pretty strong. "My man!"

"You know it." I wheeze. "Trey, you're fvcking killing me, I-I can't breathe."

"Oh! My bad." He drops me without a warning but it gives me a chance to knock his shoulder while he looks me over. "Duuuude, you got a haircut, that's crazy man."

"It is crazy. You'd think it'd be impossible for me to get even cooler, huh?"

"Get any new tattoos?" He makes conversation when I just lift my shirt to expose the soft v-line on my body near the one design he remembers.

"Still just the one."

"Think you'll ever get another?"

"Maybe." Though Sage would probably kill me even though I know no matter how much she tried to stop herself, she really liked this ink art on me.

"So you're back then, huh? For like, how long?"

"For like, 3 weeks or so?" I rub at my neck. "Sorry I didn't keep in touch."

"That's cool." Trey's personality settles on a calm note like he's thinking about something but doesn't want to tell me.

To ask or not to ask, that's the fvcking question.

I pretty much already know that it has something to do with Sage.

"I actually came here because my cousin decided to and well, uh-" I came cuz I thought I'd have a chance and excuse to see Sage again even after I ripped her heart out and put it next to my beaten and battered one.