Chapter 15

"You're unbelievable." The guy sucking on a tooth pick scoffs and shakes his head, my smile unwavering to match the smirks around the car while I chew my gum. "We told you-"

"This isn't all your turf right? I mean streets must be free for me to roam." I press my hands into my charcoal colored jean pockets, my sleeveless black top comfortable and loose enough for air to hug my waist while my biker glasses hide my eyes.

This is pretty typical.

Just like the brat I am huh?

I get scolded by Sage, confrontation comes next, I lose it for a split second, and she decides to walk away after I get pissed off by things I can't help. Now I'm out on the streets just like yesterday night before we had dinner.

So predictable.

"Well if you wanna hang, let's see how much money you have, shorty."

"I don't have any, and you're not putting your hands on me." I frown just in time for one of the bigger guys to grab the back of my hair and reach into one of my pockets before I jerk away, only to see the object I was carrying in my pocket placed on this dicks palm like a prize.

"What the-"

"Don't get the wrong idea." I put my hands up. "It's not really mine."

"Well if it's not yours..." A dude with ratty long hair puffs out some smoke from his cigarette. "Who's is it?"

"Someone...else? A woman."

"So what? You stole it?" The dude examines what he has.

The dark purple glass compact bottle of perfume I snatched from Sage when she slept over, its scent reminding me of her that I went as far as to spray some on my pillow to breathe in at night. It's the only way I can even seem to close my eyes now a days.

Or...actually, now a nights.

Ahaha. I'm too much.

"You're from Vegas right?"

"Not technically, but yeah. Why?" I straighten and smile with my eyes while a few other dudes disregard me, the sun setting and my brain working towards an engagement I need to keep.

It's this late already?

"You know any tricks to sticking out here?" One ugly as$ dude that looks like one of his parents was part boar chews on something while staring at a scar on his wrist. "You wanna know the sh1tty stains of this town you can hang out dude. But in the dick measuring contest, mines the longest." He hops down and I can't resist.

"I'm still growing. Always have time to stretch out." I grin, grabbing the perfume I stole while walking away, my pale arms exposed while my pants subtly drag, the chain on my waist slim and barely audible. "Besides. Dicks get castrated."

"Ohoooo." One tanned guy covers his mouth.

"I don't wanna be the big dadas$. I just don't want you pussies riding my back when I decide to go for a midnight stroll. Sheesh. It's not like I'm doing any harm." I'm really not. I'm just a dude with a massive chip on his shoulder.

"Yo bro, you look a little young to be out here though man. Maybe you should stay home? People die out here in the streets. We're not a big town, but we ain't little either." A man almost, one with stubble on his jawline licks his flat lips and I mess with the glass bottle between my thumb and index finger.