Chapter 17

Logan Wolf.

I was just a kid when I first met him.

He was 14 and I was 8. So weird, all this time, and I've never really paid attention to the fact that while I was growing up, he was growing up too, and actually being close enough to know that he's come this far to the point he's going to be my teacher...

It's awakening.

Dad could tell I was feeling a bit sad about the future mom has planned out for me and the future I want to try and grab a hold of.

Sitting here, listening to dad talk Logan's ear off about his book, mom making us relax so she can bring out the dessert and do the dishes...it's terrible. I'm thinking too much again.

It's bad enough I don't know what to do about myself, but throwing Chandler in my face? And earlier, in front of the stairs...that was a bit nerve wracking.

"So can we be rebels and play a few games?" I turn and see Logan smiling at mom while she licks some of the whipped cream off the slices she prepared for us. "Sage owes me a game. Don't you?"

"You're just gonna lose again." I shrug and grin.

"Remember who taught you all you know? I've picked up a few tricks."

"Oh yeah?" I slowly stand up, Logan rising to stare me down before I widen my eyes, hoping to take him off guard, but he doesn't flinch. He's never flinched or even let himself be taken off guard concerning my eyes.

I'll have to resort to my basic instincts behind a game control.

"Ohhhh, all right. Fine, fine. Here. Take this and kill each other." I take my plate from mom, the chilled dessert dish surprising me a bit until I feel Logan's hand on my shoulder, leading me towards the living room just when I'm tugged back when something slips into my empty hand.

Huh?

"Chandler?"

"Ah-" He starts a word, but doesn't finish, and I see him start to panic for a thing to say or anything to explain what he wants, but instead of leaving him like this, because he looks so pathetic, I grin and throw my arm around him. "Wha-"

"You want to play too?!" I beam. "You have to wait for a winner before you challenge either one of us adults." I proudly state. "Don't worry. You're not forgotten!" 2 thumbs up.

"All right, I'm getting it set up." Logan walks over and starts to put things in order while I balance my fork on the dessert plate, inhaling the scent while Chandler sticks by my side, and I honestly am starting to get a little self conscious of how he's acting around me. Always behaving like...he is a little jealous about my life and interactions.

I mean...this hickey on my neck is proof that he's either really screwed up or...

Orrr...

Ooorrrr...

"Heads up." I catch the controller and put my back against the couch, stretching out my legs and begin to let my mind unwind until I feel a body sit right next to mine, Chandler's pale face grinned up while I swallow. "I'll choose level then." Logan takes a drink of water before handling the details.

"Chandler." I whisper. "Give me some room."

"You have room." He takes a mouthful of dessert and chews. "Besides, I'm no closer to you than he is." Is that malice?