Chapter 38

"We need cash." Bum number one sighs with the radio going in his piece of sh1t mugger car, some chick's voice accompanying a sexy song while all 9 of us chill on top or around the heap and some go through the last of their drugs as I lay flat on the asphalt to get a look at the stars, my coat ditched in the back seat and choker on once more making me look like a semi-emo outcast in the company of some sloppy losers group. "Yo Vegas, you have cash?"

"Not on me." I blankly respond when a clank of glass scrapes next to my head, a fat dude with some hood over his face giving me my turn with the stolen vodka they've been breaking out. Except this one looks like it hasn't been opened. Awesome, I don't want to swap spit with these carriers and I am in the mood for something stronger than Sprite. "What do you need cash for? Gonna buy some more of this sh1t?" I crack open the top and take an immediate 'swig', this hard alcohol burning me only a little but I push my limit and down as much as possible to calm myself since I know I'm really close to exploding.

I haven't a drink since I left home. Didn't realize I missed it this much until now. Well, not necessarily missed it, just, now I need it.

I can feel these small town bozo's looking at me too.

Eat your hearts out I guess, I'm conditioned b1tches. Ha.

Hardened criminal with 2 lives on my hands.

"No. We heard from one of my cousins that a buddy of his was gonna come to town soon with some pretty nice meth or whatever and I thought if we had some actual money, it'd be great to experiment a little." Bum One scoffs at me like I should've known that.

Drugs huh?

Hmmm.

Not my style. I never liked the idea of needle marks, inhaling, or any of that sh1t. Besides, Sage would kill me.

Or she would've, but, that message pretty much cut all of those possibilities out and if I cry now, I'm in deep sh1t.

"So if not on you, where?"

"What makes you think I could contribute? Or would?"

"You're here, drinking our vodka?"

"So what?" I laugh at them since they haven't got a clue. "Ohhhh. I forgot this was Vernon Oaks. The second I hang with you fvcks you think that means something?"

"Yeah, Vegas. This is Vernon Oaks, but we can all still fvck up a little b1tch like you, got it?" This skinny as$ dude with tan skin leans out from the back seat to make eye contact when I roll mine and start to drink again, the watery taste hitting with the alcohol after my tongue lets it pass over towards my throat, the kick igniting to the point I just can't help but imagine what Sage would say if she saw me.

Tch. I wonder what she's doing now actually.

Is she missing me?

I'm so selfish. After all this, I really hope so.

I'm a demon for sure. I wanted her, I took her as my own even though I knew that wasn't right, and the second I gave in, I figured out she would suffer to which would make me suffer, and after ending it any way I knew how as soon as possible to stop from letting it get too serious, I still want her in some sick way to yearn for me.

Despicable for Chan man.

"Understand that, little guy?"

"Are you doing that thing again with your mouth where you think you sound badas$ but really your annoying as fvck and I can't hear you since I filter pussy twiddle dink bullsh1t?" I grin at him, genuinely waiting for his answer when he gets up to come at me, my immediate response to crash bottle next to me so it can Shatter and be a ready threat to this guys chest. "I dare you."